Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layout problem

Hi

I'm trying to decrease the width of my section but can't seem to do it. I'm using the smart theme and have gone into Settings/Site options/Layout and amended width of section list and width of product list to various values but they make diddlysquat difference to the layout.

Any ideas where else I could change the width or what I'm doing wrong?

Also, does anyone know what the field width for main area under the general tab does? I've tried amending that too and it makes no difference!!!!

I've had a look on the forum/AUG but can't find a solution. I'm sure I read about it somewhere before but, typically, can't find it now....

Thanks in advance

Can you provide a URL where we can see it.

Is it CSS controlled?

Comment

Haven't got as far as uploading it onto the server yet - that's another milestone to conquer !!!!!

Yes - it's all CSS based!!!!

Not much help huh? sorry....

Comment

All the layout widths are controlled in the css file - you need to edit this , the bits you are changing do nothing as you have found out.

There is a thread on what bits of css control what - but trial and error usually works depending on your theme.

Comment

Ok thanks for that Malcolm, will try and give it a go. I've had a look at my css file but my version appears to be in chinese....

Originally posted by RuralWeb
          There is a thread on what bits of css control what - but trial and error usually works depending on your theme.
          Can you tell me which thread this is please? I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything on which bits control what.

Thanks once again

Comment

Can you tell me which thread this is please
            It was posted by Bruce I seem to remember - I dont have time to search for you sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by KatrinaD
              Also, does anyone know what the field width for main area under the general tab does?
              This is the width of the main central area that usually contains the products, sections, cart etc. If you are trying to decrease the overall width of the section it is most likley to be this and appears in the layouts as ACTSTDWIDTH.

If there is any padding / margins to the containing area reducing the ACTSTDWIDTh may have no obvious effect - especially if set to a percentage value.

This is quite inflexible as you may need different values throughout the site - I tend to hard code the value in each layout as required.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X