X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NETQUOTEVAR and Perl

Hi Guys,

A month ago I upgraded from V6 to V8.

I imported my old V6 site into V8 selecting the option of using the V8 default design and then re-worked the pages.

My problem is that the CGI Scripts aren't executing properly.

I am using Verio as my host and am using the exact same network set-up as I did in V6. (I have exported both and cross checked)

I have changed the permissions to the folders catalog to 777 and cgi-local to 755 (cgi-local was originally set to 711)

This didn't solve the problem so I deleted these 2 files on the server and made new ones (setting to 777 and 755) then refreshed the whole site.

Still the CGI scripts wont work.

Verio has a Perl Checker so I used that on one of the Perl Scripts and got the following message

Output of "perl -c -w cgi-local/bb000001.pl":

syntax error at /u/web/metalm/cgi-local/bb000001.pl line 18, near "INCLUDEPATHADJUSTMENT
    require NETQUOTEVAR"
    syntax error at /u/web/metalm/cgi-local/bb000001.pl line 19, near "require NETQUOTEVAR:"
    syntax error at /u/web/metalm/cgi-local/bb000001.pl line 20, near "require NETQUOTEVAR:"
    syntax error at /u/web/metalm/cgi-local/bb000001.pl line 21, near "require NETQUOTEVAR:"
    syntax error at /u/web/metalm/cgi-local/bb000001.pl line 22, near "require NETQUOTEVAR:"
    syntax error at /u/web/metalm/cgi-local/bb000001.pl line 23, near "require NETQUOTEVAR:"
    BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /u/web/metalm/cgi-local/bb000001.pl line 24.

I've read through the forums and see that V8 dosn't use the NETQUOTEVAR in its pages any more.

Is this whats causing the problem? If so what have I done wrong
    and is it fixable?

Many thanks
    Naomi

PS I am also unable to load up my new Home page even though I have ticked the box to make it one - but I think this is another issue which I'll investigate separately.....

Originally posted by Naomi
    but I think this is another issue
    Possibly not, since Actinic would run a script to change web folder so that it can place the files in the right location.

If you used the same cgi script id you were using under v6 - is it possible some sort of web safeguard could have stopped the old v6 scripts from actually being deleted or overwritten?

Probably worth changing script ID number in Network Setup and trying another refresh.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

This looks like the Perl scripts in your Site folder are the obsolete V7 ones.

To fix this make a backup of Site1 first.

Then copy all .pm and .pl files from C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Original into your Site folder.

Finally copy the file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Original\ShipControl\ShippingTemplate.pl into your Sites ShipControl folder.

Do a Refresh and see if that's it fixed.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you - it worked

I deleted all .pm and .pl files from both my site1 and what was on the server. Copied and pasted them from the V8 Original Site and BINGO loaded straight up - no problems with the merge request either! I had also changed the ID Script Number for good measure.

The home page still isn't showing and there appear to be problems with the Search facility and Contact Us sheet - but I'll do a search on these forums first.

Thanks again!

Naomi

Comment

Working...
        X