Actinic crashes when I clcik on New Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic crashes when I clcik on New Products

When I click on "Marketing / New Products Listing", Actinic crashes. I'm unable to open or edit my list. I've tried compacting the database, but it still crashes.

If it makes any difference, I built the list manually. I add products to the site well before they arrive, so I must maintain this list manually to display the newly received, not newly added, products.

http://apeekintoyesterday.com

Help!
    -------

Pat

I've seen several other posts about crashing on Best Sellers, but not one on the New Products. But I haven't seen any of the posts updated with the solution. Any ideas here? I have new product arriving today, and would like to get this fixed.
    -------

Pat

Comment

Pat,

Have a look in Design | Library - Layouts tab. Locate the New Products List layout that you are using and check the place of setting - I'm thinking you may have accidentally 'unset' the ability to interface with this layout at global level.

Also try accessing the New Products at shop/catalog level and see what happens.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill, I'm not entirely sure what you are asking me to check. I am using the New Products list in the Right Sidebar and in the central section of the front page. What do I need to look at to see if I unchecked something I shouldn't?

How do I access the New Products at shop/catalog level? Sorry - I just installed on Friday, so I'm still learning my away around. Although I've spent almost 3 days & nights with V8 now!
        -------

Pat

Comment

From the top menu - choose Design, then Library. In the multi tab dialogue, choose Layouts tab. Scroll down to New Product List, and click the + to expand this. Look for the New Product List Sidebar which has a circle icon to the left.

Double click that name to open a settings dialogue, change to the Advanced Place of Setting tab. At minimum, there should be a tick in the Site box - OR - if you only want New Products to be shown within the catalog pages, in the Section box.

If there are NO ticks, this would explain the behaviour.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I had the same problem after upgrading to v850beta.

My solution was to close Actinic, open ActinicCatalog.mdb in my Site1 folder, open New Products table and delete all of the contents.

After I'd done this, I reopened Actinic and it worked fine.

Notes:

1. Only any good if you have MS Access installed
            2. Make a snapshot before trying

Comment

Bill, the site box has a tic mark in it. I was hoping it wouldn't, and therefore we found the fix.
              -------

Pat

Comment

Pat,

Looking over the forum I can see that you have several issues with your installation of Actinic. I would suggest raising a ticket with Actinic detailing all the issues so that they can be looked into at one time.

Have you tried reinstalling the software as suggested in one of the threads?

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Hi, Bruce. I have opened tickets now, and they are being worked. Thank you. I did reinstall as well.

I need to know which ones are permanent, vs which ones are problems that need to be fixed in my particular database.

For example - the 45 to 50 minute upload following the download of an order. Is there something wrong in my database, or does V8 just take longer? I've now seen others say that yes, theirs takes much longer, too. Is this a bug or a reality of V8?

The bugs I'm willing to work through with support, but I need to know up front the realities so I can make an informed decision. I backed V8 out of production yesterday, and went back to V7.
                  -------

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by bentleybloke View Post
                    My solution was to close Actinic, open ActinicCatalog.mdb in my Site1 folder, open New Products table and delete all of the contents.

After I'd done this, I reopened Actinic and it worked fine.

Notes:

1. Only any good if you have MS Access installed
                    2. Make a snapshot before trying
                    I have just suffered this problem on V8.5.3 so it isnt cured yet. About two weeks ago Actinic started to crash whenever the new products was selected from Marketing. I tried all the recommended methods of shutting down and compacting without success so eventually I opened the access database and looked at the new products list. In the list I found an extra product at the end. I had previously reduced the number of products down to 7 and all seemed OK but I found products 1 to 7 in the list and then number 11, I deleted the record for 11 and the system is now working again.

So Actinic cannot cope with lists that do not match with its expectations, sounds like some extra code to protect against unexpected records is needed.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                    Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                    X