No announcement yet.

Google Website Optimizer Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searched for the term 'website optimizer' and found this thread. Although the first couple of posts mentioned it it developed into a discussion about Google in general and paid search in particular.

Most of the posts seemed to focus on Google's dominance in the search market and some suggested that we should all use alternate search engines/site. And, of course, you and I can do that.

As an SEO 'expert' (I assume the term was not entirely complimentary) all my clients (none at present use Adwords) get 80%+ organic search traffic from Google.

This tells me that, regardless of my view about Google's motivation or long-term goals, they dominate the search engine market as they are seen, by my clients' target audience, as providing the most relevant and targeted results.

Until the other SE's are seen to compete searchers will continue to vote in line with their search engine search preferences.

The objective of SEO is not to 'manipulate' search engine results or to 'trick' the search engines but to provide relevant content to targeted search terms. It is possible to trick the SE's but not for long and the consequences can be blacklisting of, at best, offending pages and, at worst, dropping of site, completely, from all serps.

Back to the original reason for the search. Since Google opened up Website Optimizer to general site use and not linked to Adwords it offers the opportunity to fine tune landing pages to return the most relevant content to the searchers entered search terms.

It is relatively easy with 'standard' web sites and even CMS sites to create alternative pages for testing but with Catalog more difficult as the pages are generated by the application prior to uploading.

Has there been any progress on integration or using Website Optimizer in Catalog?
    regards
    RobiW
    Accessible Website Design
    Search Engine Optimisation & Placement

Comment

Working...
    X