Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Shipping classes

Hi

We currently have one zone for shipping (UK) and then one class which is governed by weight so that we can give furniture items a different charge to non furniture.

We will not be running with furn from end of Feb but want to offer customers the option of standard del. or next day.

So I've read up on the guides and help etc. and I thought I'd done it right but I can't get it to work.

I've gone to bus. settings shipping and added a new class called next day. This has UK del. only in it and a diff charge to standard. weight set up to 9999kg. Site defaults to standard and does not give an option to change to next day.

Can anyone think what I might have missed?

Any help appreciated. Cheers D
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Hi Donna

In addition to the information you have give can you also tell us about the following

1. Is 9999kg the only value you have defined in the grid for both classes.
    2. For both classes what is the "Excess" set to.
    3. "Default Weight in Kg" does that have a value.
    4. Finally "If shipping band not defined" what is that set to.

Regards
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Donna,

Normally I find it easier to set up shipping by zone - that is my UK zone would have two classes, standard and next day.

Have you also set up tax for the UK zone - tax and shipping work together, so alternate shipping may not be visible until you define the tax rule for the UK zone.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by Kiran
        Hi Donna

In addition to the information you have give can you also tell us about the following

1. Is 9999kg the only value you have defined in the grid for both classes. Yes
        2. For both classes what is the "Excess" set to. Excess set to take highest value in the table
        3. "Default Weight in Kg" does that have a value. is set to 1kg
        4. Finally "If shipping band not defined" what is that set to. Default charge i.e. 10k and over set to £23.50 as this was our heavy charge for furniture items but we are no longer selling these

Regards
        Kiran - thanks answers above in blue.

Bill - I have tried to go for the Zone route but this didn't make any difference. Re your note on tax - I have simple tax - it doesn't break it down on the site at all will this be affecting it do you think??

Thanks for your help
        Donna
        Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

This issue has been responded to on this thread
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X