Breadcrumb - Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breadcrumb - Bug?

Duncan spotted an odd fault on my website where the breadcrumb acatalog link was showing an error. I refreshed but the fault was still there - looking at some other V8 sites the error is showing there as well.

It seems to be that it occurs when the catalog page has been renamed if it is left at the default index then all is ok. You can see in the refering url - in the default it shows as acatalog/index.html in the faulty sites it shows as acatalog ie the final part of the file name is missing.

It only seems to be happening to sites with an external design not an actinic themed site.

As you say I think this for some reason only occurs with the use of an external design.

I tested this with the default theme using the base page name as index.html as well as shop.html and in both cases the cgi link worked correctly.
    This was on V804.

Comment

Seems to be working OK on this WIP site v8.5 with external design <link removed>

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Ive not tried any sites on 8.5 yet so it may have been fixed or not existed in the first place - who knows?

Comment

Seems to be working OK on this WIP site v8.5
          It may be working because the catalog page is set to index. If you have time try changing it to eg shop and see what happens.

Comment

Task for next week as not in the office - this is my "week off" LOL

Bikster

Comment

OK - just tried on another v8.5 site I am working on by renaming to shop.html and the breadcrumb works just fine.

Bikster

Comment

seems to work fine on our 8.04 site. Custom template and renamed to home.html. It does however link to the perl search script as the home button in the breadcrumb rather than acatalog/home.html as I expected.

Comment

Working...
                X