One hour updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One hour updates

It is taking an hour for my site to update. Not refresh - just update. I do a high volume business, and stock changes quite a bit. Because of this, I update every 5 minutes. Obviously a one-hour update isn't going to work for me.

I will enter a ticket, but since the UK folks have gone home for the day (I'm in the US), I thought I'd check and see if anyone else had this problem and knows a quick and easy solution. Maybe?
    -------

Pat

Sorry, no solution for you but it's one of the biggest problems we have with v8 too. v7 I could update in about 3 minutes (for checking and generation anyway), v8 currently takes about 30 minutes. Definately somewhere where we could do with a major performance boost!
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

There are several threads already on this subject giving various solutions - one of the main ones is to regularly compact your database.

Comment

I see you are using Best Sellers and New Products in the sidebar. Have you set these to use extended information pages? (See the AUG page 20)
        If not, and they are not fixed products, then this is one reason why it will take so long as it needs to update all the pages for every stock change.

Comment

I compact every day, ran everything on the forum etc but it still takes ages, has ever since I first started tinkering with v8. To be honest we don't show stock levels on our site so it's not a great hardship but still a bit of a pain if you need to do 4 or 5 updates a day!
          Cheers

David
          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

I delete/purge/compact daily. But my database is still 139 meg. It's not going to get smaller - just larger.
            -------

Pat

Comment

Working...
            X