Upgrading Actinic from v3 to v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading Actinic from v3 to v8

We are running Actinic Catalog v3 and are interested in purchasing v8 but before we do I'd like to know a few things first.

1. Is it possible to upgrade from v3 to v8?
    2. How hard of a task is it?
    3. Is there some kind of data conversion that needs to be done? If so how time consuming is it?
    4. Is there anything else I need to purchase besides the v8 software?
    5. Is it worth upgrading to v8?
    6. Has any one here done this kind of an upgrade? If so could you give me some insight.

Thanks for all your help.

Hi

With regards to your first two questions, version 3 cannot be upgraded straight into version 8. Therefore a copy of version 7 needs to be installed and the site upgraded to version 7, prior to updating the site to version 8. This is what we recommend but there are no guarantees that this will work fine. In my opinion the best thing to do would be to start a fresh from V8.

Regarding question 3 too as far as I'm aware nothing of that sort is needed. But if you want to import all of your V3 product information into V8 then you will need to try and get a CSV file done and whether this will need to be of a Hierarchical or Flat file format depends on the complexity of your product structure. If any one out there has a solution of some sort please let us know.

About question 4 no nothing else is needed

Regarding question 5 I would suggest that you download the trail version of 8 and try and check it for yourself, that is if you have not done it already. The trial will last for 30 days so I guess that will give you sometime, anyways if you have questions about the software or its functionality you can always come back to the forum or check with support.

Question 6 too I'll leave to the other members to comment upon.
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Has any one here done this kind of an upgrade? If so could you give me some insight
      Im halfway through one at the moment and as Kieren suggests it needed to be upgraded to V7 then V8. After that it has been redesigned in V8.

Comment

perhaps i'm missing something.

i'm in a similar situation where we have a customer who has FINALLY decided it's time go go MODERN.

afaik, v3 has no export function.

so how does one go from v3 to v7 if you cant generate an export for v7 to import?
        David Camm
        President
        Advanced Web Systems
        Keller, TX

Comment

if there's no snapshot in 3, then just install v7 and then copy the entire site1 folder from your 3 site into the v7 site1

when you open v7 the site upgrader will kick in

Comment

install v7 and then copy the entire site1 folder from your 3 site into the v7 site1
            Just what I did

Comment

Working...
            X