Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using attributes/field data to control CSS class

Hi guys

First post... apologies if this is a noob question - I did search but couldn't find an answer - maybe not knowing the correct Actinic terminology for what I am trying to do.

I have had a search and also tinkered about with Actinic v8 on behalf of a client who wants to start using it - we have only had brief Actinic experience some versions ago.

The only key requirement I can see that might be a problem so far is this.

Each product in the current database has an attribute called 'displaytype' with a value such as such as 'specialoffer' or 'endofline' or 'oemoriginal' for example.

We use this attribute in the current site code to use a specific CSS class to display that product in the list (in essence it has a different CSS background image and color depending on the value of the attribute).

This means as the end user looks down the list of products in a category there is an immediate visual indicator as to what type of product it is or what type of deal is available on the product by virtue of a different background image for the product (which incorporates the name of the offer).

Is there a way to achieve this by customising the Actinic templates? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

Simon,

Welcome to the community.

This can be done in Actinic, if you search for 'Custom CSS' you should come across quite a few threads. You can add your css to Actinic's CSS file if you need to, you can access that at 'Design | Library | Layouts | Web Page Outer Layout | Actinic Stylesheet'.

It might be handy to have a read of the 'Starter Guide' that you will find in 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Starter Guide', look for the part that covers designing your site. It would be useful to also download the Advanced Users Guide (link on my signature). If it is not in those two sources, the information you need is here on the forum.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded the various resources you mention and will have a crack at this. I'll no doubt be back in the forum if I run in to trouble.

Simon

Comment

Working...
      X