Licence key retired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Licence key retired?

Just had an upgrade in the post BUT there was a piece of paper stating that my old key of V5 is being retired and so I will not be able to use it.

I have several problems here.

How long have I got before my V5 site fails to operate because my key is 'retired'?

What if I upload my V8 site and want to keep both sites going to iron out any creases on the V8 site?

Why should my V5 site have to retire?

I do not remember being told about this when I purchased the upgrade.

I really do not want to retire my old key. I have paid good money for it and forked out over £200 for cover and upgrade so I want to have both sites running.

I am being a bit unreasonable?

Andrew
    Jewellery247.co.uk
    AndrewBerry.com

W: http://www.WelshGoldOnline.co.uk
    W: http://www.jewellery247.co.uk
    W: http://www.AndrewBerry.com

The upgrade is exactly that, it upgrades your current version, it doesn't entitle you to 2 copies of software that can run independently - i guess thats their thinking. Install V8 and don't upload it until you are happy with it, this way you are only using one copy.

Comment

I really do not want to retire my old key. I have paid good money for it and forked out over £200 for cover and upgrade so I want to have both sites running
      thats not possible - as lee saye it is an upgrade not the full licence. If you want to run both sites you will need to pay the full price for V8 which is far more than the £200 you have paid for cover.

Phone sales if you are not happy - its the same for all of us

Comment

They usually allow several months ... typically 5/6 months in my experience to ensure you are up and running in the new version.

Upgrades are just that - an upgrade at a greatly reduced cost. It is like part exchanging your old car for a new one - you pay less and the garage keeps the old. If you want 2 cars you have to pay more and buy the second.

Just about all software upgrades tend work in this way but they usually overwrite the previous install and will not co-exist .... at least there is a transition period with Actinic

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

You can carry on using your old site while you are upgrading it to the new version but if you want to run two sites permanently, you need to buy a new license for the new site rather than an upgrade.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Perhaps I was being a bit eager, thinking for £200 for cover and a copy of V8 was a bargain but I guess you don't get anything for nothing in this world.

Perhaps I will for out the extra for a new licence then.

Out of curiosity, how do Actinic 'retire' the keys. How are they able to do this?

Andrew
            Jewellery247.co.uk
            AndrewBerry.com

W: http://www.WelshGoldOnline.co.uk
            W: http://www.jewellery247.co.uk
            W: http://www.AndrewBerry.com

Comment

Also not quite sure how I'm supposed to upgrade my current site, learn the fundamentals of v8, and be confident enough to ditch v7 within the four weeks of having both versions that the sales people quoted me. Was told that since I already use v7 the change to v8 should be `easy enough`.

We're not all designers, resellers, etc, some of us are running a seven day a week business while all this upgrading is going on.

I wonder how many people have decided to stay with v7, at least for now.
              Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
                since I already use v7 the change to v8 should be `easy enough`.
                Bless the marketing department and their brushed aluminium desk tidies

Bikster

Comment

We did get a call last week after downloading the trial, a lady asked a few questions and said they were putting a `pack` together. Hmmm. Will this `pack` contain a working clone of Jont, Duncan or similar to aid this transition?
                  Football Heaven

Comment

LOL - George will do you a deal .. come and vacumn my house with your new Hoover Mrs George has repaired for you and I will come and upgrade to v8 for you

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                      LOL - George will do you a deal .. come and vacumn my house with your new Hoover Mrs George has repaired for you and I will come and upgrade to v8 for you
                      Jont cleverly calls his 26 bedroom mansion a `house`.
                      Football Heaven

Comment

Also not quite sure how I'm supposed to upgrade my current site, learn the fundamentals of v8, and be confident enough to ditch v7 within the four weeks of having both versions that the sales people quoted me. Was told that since I already use v7 the change to v8 should be `easy enough`.
                        you can extend this by using a 30 day trial, take a snapshot, reinstal, import snapshot and so on for x number of 30 days. Then when you are ready install with key and go live.

Comment

Working...
                        X