Raising prices to products less than £150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raising prices to products less than £150

On my site I wish to raise prices by 10% to all products with a value of £150 or less (ex vat). Is there a way of doing this?
    Thanks in Advance

I don't know whether you can do it via actinic front-end but you can certainly run an update query in the ActinicCatalog access database. This is located in your site1 folder (or the equivalent of whatever you've called it).

To update by 10% do the following:

1. BACKUP your database
    2. Open the ActinicCatalog database by double-clicking on it.
    3. Under Objects, click on Queries
    4. Now click on New to create a new query
    5. From the pop-up screen, select Design View -> ok
    6. As you go into the next screen, there will be another pop-up screen - dont select anything from this - just close it.
    7. You'll have a blank screen - Query1: select query; within this screen select View --> sql view. This should change the view to sql.
    8. Delete the SELECT statement (which should be highlighted) and replace with the following query:

UPDATE Product SET Product.Price = [price]*1.1
    WHERE (((Product.Price)<151));

and then press the ! button located around the middle of the topbar.

Note: The above query increases the price by 10% (1.1) where price is less than or equal to 150

9. Confirm update and you're done.

Hope that helps

Comment

If you don't have Access and that scares the hell out of you, export to excel, where you can create a formula that will do it for you. Once updated reimport the spreadsheet into actinic.

Always backup before you try anything like this.

If you dont have excel or access, get someone to do it for you or grab yourself a flask of hot coffee and some shortbread biscuits and sit there doing it manually.

Formula in excel is:

=IF(A1<15001,ROUND(SUM(A1*1.1),0),A1)

where A1 is equal to the cell that contains the price, in other words change the reference "A1" (3 occurrences) to the cell reference that your price is in. Once in the first cell, you can autofill it for every other product.

Comment

Jan at Mole-end has a program "Profit and Pricing tool" that can do it for you

I also think she does a free 30 day trial so you can check it out and sole this months problems
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
        X