Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do associated products inherit discounts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do associated products inherit discounts??

Hi all,

I have a a problem I think? I have a product which belongs to a discount group of 33% off. The product has an associated product which does not belong to a discount group. It appears the discount from the parent product is being applied to the associated product making the associated product 33%cheaper than it should be. Why is this happening and any ideas how to rectify.

Thanks in advance

Hi John - what pricing structure are you using on the parent? Have you tried changing to see if that rectifies?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I'm using 'Reward Type' % off with 33% set in the reward amount field.

Comment

John

What Jont was asking was the pricing model, if you look at your product what have you got it set to use. Look at the product under the genral tab, just below the images there is a section which shows pricing model

Cheers
        Darren

Comment

Sorry guys I misunderstood the question. Pricing model is set to 'Sum of Product and Component Prices'

thanks

Comment

Hi John,

After our chat last afternoon I passed this to development and they say that it is working as designed. If a product that is part of a discount group has an associated product that is not part of a discount group, then the discount will also reflect on the associated product as it is seen as coming from the main product. This is to offer the buyer the best deal in one place instead of them having to add the products separately.

I have added another vote on your behalf to the wishlist.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the reply, so what if the associated product does belong to another discount group? The software currently ignores this and inherits the parent discount anyway. If I have a discount on a 'torch' and want to associate 'batteries' why does the software assume I also want to discount the batteries? Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding the way this works.

Comment

Bruce can you add a vote for me too

Darren

Comment

Working...
                X