Help with executive theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with executive theme

Hi, I'm using the Executive theme in version 8 and want a large header/logo. with the 'Home', 'Site Map' etc. beneath it and if possible the 'view cart', 'checkout' etc. overlapping the bottom right hand corner of the image.
    I could probably have doen it in version 7 with dreamweaver but don't know where to start with version 8.
    I've tried searching the threads and found a couple of ref. but nothing that will move the menu items back below the logo.
    Any suggestions?

Originally posted by davidjenkins
    I could probably have doen it in version 7 with dreamweaver but don't know where to start with version 8.
    v8.5 allows you to open the template directly into Dreamweaver so there is now not a lot of difference between v7 and v8.. if you know HTML you can edit the code direct in the design tab without having to open DW

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

8.5?

Thanks, I'm using Designer 8.0.4. How do I get hold of 8.5 and where do I find the templates I'm after.

Comment

850 is still in beta - it's available here:
        http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=27320

There's a lot threads about the use of DW and Actinic, it's also mentioned in the AUG. You can however modify the outer layout directly in Actinic if you wish. As you will have seen V8 is very different to V7 and doesn't use templates in quite the same way.

If you want the view cart and checkout to be on top of your logo then you will need to perhaps set it as a background.

I would recommend playing with DW and V850 first to get the hang of how it works.

Comment

thanks drounding

Comment

Working...
          X