Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8.0.5 Shippng settings

Hi all,
    I did try and sort this one but after spending all day I can only ask for help on here.
    Please note BEFORE anyone tells me to look at help, the AUG or call support, I have done all three and didn't get anywhere.
    Support conveniently cut me off after the lady I spoke to ummed and arred for several minutes then click.
    My question is this.
    I need to set up a certain product to ship by weight and have set everything to the following settings as advised by Tracey @ Actinic:
    Mainland UK (zone)
    -- Standard (class)
    Value.............Cost
    £20.00...........£3.99
    £20.01...........£5.99
    Set the 'Excess' to 'Take the highest value in the table'
    --Next Day (class)
    Value.............Cost
    £1.................£8.99
    --Fuel (class)
    Value.............Cost
    £1.................£6.99
    Non Mainland UK (zone)
    --Standard (class)
    Value.............Cost
    £20.00...........£3.99
    £20.01...........£11.99
    --Next Day (class)
    Value.............Cost
    £1.................£13.99
    --Fuel (class)
    Value.............Cost
    £1.................£15.99
    Can you please tell me how I should set to make the fuel charge as follows:
    Fuel UK Mainland
    upto 10kg £6.99 plus £0.45 per kilo after this.
    Non UK Fuel Delivery
    upto 10kg £25.00 plus £1.00 per kilo after this.
    I have created what I think are the correct weights in the products details tab.
    Also I have selected the ship by weight tab in the shippings tab of business settings.
    Having done all this the delivery charges are NOT working as they should.
    Can you please advise ASAP.
    Thanks.
    Mark
    If everything in life were simple there would be no challenge!

Comment

Can you provide a link to a product that is not working, tell us what charge is going into the cart and what should be going into the cart. And also on the failing products, tell us what weight you have input.

Print Screens are far easier ways for you to relate your settings, reading your post is awkward, show it graphically instead.

Comment

product

Hi Lee,
        I have removed the products from the site (fuel) due to this not working properly as I cannot let orders go through incorrectly.
        Problem as follows:
        1 Litre Tornado set up as 1KG in weight which in the shippings tab is set to cost £6.99 (upto 10kg is £6.99) however when placing the order shipping is set to £3.99 (small package price) and to get the correct setting the customer MUST select from drop down menu.
        Once I realised this was not working I had to remove all fuel as I cannot let an order for 4 gallons weighing 16kg go through for £3.99 shipping.
        Any ideas.
        Cheers.
        Mark

Did consider your offer but at present can't afford you sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by kessock
          1 Litre Tornado set up as 1KG in weight which in the shippings tab is set to cost £6.99 (upto 10kg is £6.99) however when placing the order shipping is set to £3.99 (small package price) and to get the correct setting the customer MUST select from drop down menu.
          So the shipping is setup correct from what i can gather as long as your customer selects the correct shipping choice. What you are wanting to do is set in stone that fuel must be shipped using a set method. What happens if they have fuel and other things that they do not want to go that way?

I haven't looked at 8.05 yet, if it lets you set (at product level) that a particular product must use this method of shipping, then you have your answer, if not, i can't add anything to help personally, it appears to be working as it should from what you've said. Even if you set it so that the fuel shipping method is the default selected, any user could still select an another.

You could always add the shipping costs to the product price of the fuels and be done with it. I wouldn't imagine that many will buy it online anyway. Last time i looked into it, it wasn't legal to send fuel as it is obviously highly flammable and dangerous.

Did consider your offer but at present can't afford you sorry!
          With the failure to even acknowledge an email, i had gathered this. Thank you for letting me know in the forum - has put my mind at rest.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack

With the failure to even acknowledge an email, i had gathered this. Thank you for letting me know in the forum - has put my mind at rest.

Sorry but I work extremely long hours and unfortunately I tend NOT to get all done I would like.

Originally posted by leehack
            You could always add the shipping costs to the product price of the fuels and be done with it. I wouldn't imagine that many will buy it online anyway. Last time i looked into it, it wasn't legal to send fuel as it is obviously highly flammable and dangerous.
            For information I have looked into every aspect of transporting fuel, and provided your carrier is legally allowed to under health and safety law and I can provide (which I can) COSHH sheets and send in UN1992 displaying boxes the YES I am allowed to send fuel and no it is not "illegal".

Hope this clears it up regarding fuel.

In V8 it looks as though you can have certain products send by weight whilst leaving the rest by value, with this in mind I should be able to select as I tried to do and the £3.99 option I would have thought should not even appear.

Cheers.
            Mark

Comment

I think you need to focus on whether you can limit the shipping of fuel to a particular "class" and not if you can do it by "weight". I would expect that even if you get it to apply the correct charge, that your user can select an alternative method of shipping.

I do not know of an easy way to say that "this product must be shipped using this method at all times", yet retaining the flexibility of the other options. You could always try the ship separately checkbox, see if that helps. Theres a clever workaround with weights been mentioned in the forum before, that may also be an option. Something like setting it to a heavy weight, having shipping options ordered from low to high and in the class where that product exists having the heavy weight as substatially cheaper that all others, so noone would ever select one of the others.

Comment

check box

Cheers for the reply.

Does the "ship sepertely box" not simply make the product stay as a single item delivery type setup, or is it that it ships all products of that together?

That said I am stabbing in the dark a bit here and am treading deaper water than I feel happy in.

Thanks.

Mark

Comment

Cheers for the reply.

Does the "ship sepertely box" not simply make the product stay as a single item delivery type setup, or is it that it ships all products of that together?
                  I honestly do not know, test it and see is what i would recommend. If each fuel option has the correct shipping cost applied to it, i can't see how it can make any difference.

Comment

will do

OK,
                    I will have a go and report back.
                    Cheers.
                    Mark

Comment

seperately

Hi,
                      No joy, simply makes goods be shipped seperately to any other product, this does not let you make it come under the fuel shipping setting.
                      I will have to give support a call and hope I get further than today.
                      Thanks.
                      Mark

Comment

I'd do the weight workaround or shipping inclusive costs then. I am not moving any sites onto 8.05 for the time being, so have no idea what it looks like. You could always provide images as mentioned before.

Comment

I am not moving any sites onto 8.05 for the time being
                          Cluck Cluck - join me and Simon and jump out the window

Comment

When did my name ever look like "Lemming"?

Comment

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure if it's possible to do what you want but so I can have a go at this, what would happen with shipping costs if someone where to buy fuel and a non-fuel item?
                              Tracey
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                              X