Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

payment service providers

Hi

We have been asked to look into linking a customers site we are building to a PSP and he wants us to find out which is the best deal so to speak.

He currently has a bank account with Barclays and in the past, we have setup the link with secure hosting to link to barclays epdq however he has asked us to look to see if there were any cheaper was around this.

What other PSP's link into barclays epdq or can anyone recomend any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks

ePDQ is only available via the existing securehosting created solution, so no alternatives I am afraid is they want epdq.

Alternate is if they have a merchant ID with the bank, then go within someone like Protx, which are very good we think.

Comment

Hello

I use Protx for my "old" online shop software which has an internal link to enable me to use Protx, so how can I link V8 to Protx?

Comment

Originally posted by kev67
        how can I link V8 to Protx?
        Contact Protx and ask them to send you their Actinic setup instructions and then follow those slowly and carefully.

Unless you do something wrong, the setup is quick, relatively easy and painless.

Protx will start you off on a test server while you confirm to their satisfaction that the integration has been properly configured, and then you will need to request switchover to live service.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks Bill for that, I will contact them

Kevin

Comment

A big thumbs up here too for Protx.

The integration is very straightforward and support is excellent.

(for the record, we are partners so we do have a vested interest but that does by no means affect our recommendations)
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

We have used Protx for the past 3 years on many integrations with no problems. Their technical support is very good. One to avoid (IMHO) is HSBC's ePayments system.
              Richard Gosler
              Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
              Dorset, UK

Comment

Thanks

so am i correct in thinking that we would be able to use protx along if i got a merchant ID from Barclay's?

Or would they need to set up another bank account?

Thanks

Martin

Comment

Hi

With all banks if you have a merchant account, double check it is an internet merchant account (or is similar).

Once this is in place you are off an running. A new bank account would not be needed.

Regards
                  Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                  Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

don't forget "federation of small business " - join them first, and you save £20.00 per month standard fees if you use streamline instead of barclays.
                    if you can show "previous history" (eg barclays) then they look at lowering the percentage rates.

Comment

Working...
                    X