Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product layout upgrade issue v4-v8

Hi

I've just upgraded from v4 to v8, and am very pleased with the improvements, however.

My product layout was a standard Actinic template which alternated images left, text right, and the next product was image right, text left. On upgrading all my images are now left aligned, and the only way that I can see that I can achieve the alternate alignment is to individually edit each product.

I have a lot of products, and that would probably take a day! Is there any way that I can globally edit my product layout, so that I achieve the left - right image/text alternation?

Best wishes

Craig Davies
    Devizes UK
    "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

reading other posts, if you've jumped from v4 to v8 and the only problem you have is changing the occasional layout, then I think youve not done bad at all.
    perhaps its easier to bite the bullitt

Comment

This can probably be done as follows.

Create 2 layouts, one with image on the left LEFTProductLayout, the other with image on the right RIGHTProductLayout.

Go to Design / Library / Layouts / Product Lists / Standard Product List

look for the line
      Code:
      	<actinic:variable name="ProductLayout" />
      replace with
      Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%25%202" >
      	<actinic:variable name="LEFTProductLayout" />
      </actinic:block>
      <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%25%202%29%20%3d%3d%200" >
      	<actinic:variable name="RIGHTProductLayout" />
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I read this with some interest as I am trying to achieve the same result as the original poster. However, having followed Norman's post as close as I understand it seems to have no effect.

I have gone from Design > Library > Layouts tab

Then under the products section I have made two new layouts called 'LeftBF' and 'RightBF' - each works fine when selected on individual products.

However when I adapt the code in 'Products Lists > Standard Product Lists' provided by Norman as follows...

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%25%202" >
        <actinic:variable name="LeftBF" />
        <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%25%202%29%20%3d%3d%200" >
        <actinic:variable name="RightBF" />

It doesn't do the alternating thing. I have tried also changing the

<actinic:variable name="ProductLayout" />

line in 'Product List with Horizontal Dividers' too but to no avail - what am I missing?

Comment

Which Product List Layout does your site actually use? There are several possible.

Make sure you're editing the connect one.

Use the Design tab, click within a Product layout and use the up arrow to move up until you reach a Product List. That's the one to alter.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X