I can't external link to mysql, help pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't external link to mysql, help pls

At first, I succeeded to external link to a .db file, just to make sure i can use the link function.

Then, I installed myODBC driver 3.51.12, actinic throws error "user cancelled" when I tried to connect to mysql database before I could select the tables in the database. I searched the forum and downgraded to 3.51.11 as suggested. Things improved. It seems connection has been setup and actinic asks for which table to link. But after I map the fields, click OK, another error "Actinic was unable to determine if there are duplicate product references in the external table. Please correct the error to disable external product linking..."

Actually, I made the dummy product table which has only two fields, one record. (no duplication at all) And it is primary keyed, varchar typed.... All according to Actinic documentation. I also tried every possible setting, none works.

I have been working on this ODBC for many days, and finally frustrated.

Anyone can help? Thanks in advance.

An,

I would suggest raising this as a support ticket as we will need to see both your Site DB and the one being linked to.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

ticket submitted. thanks

Comment

my finding is:
        the highest version of mysql odbc connector compatible with actinic external link is 3.51.09. Do not use any version newer than that for now.

Comment

Thanks for posting back.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X