Making 2 versions of catalog client work for one customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making 2 versions of catalog client work for one customer

I have a client for whom we are building 2 actinic sites, both of which will run off catalog client. Can the one version of the app with 2 licenses work ? Obviously they do not want to spend over a grand for multi site actinic when 2 licenses for catalog client amounts to £400. Any advice on the best way to handle this ?
    Richard Gosler
    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
    Dorset, UK

With full catalog as long as you have 2 licenses, you have one instance of the software loaded and can switch between the 2 licensed sites using the file menu. I would be surprised if client does not do the same.

Having said that, running 2 stores on one PC is a serious SPoF and i would advise them to run each shop on its own pc, with the other being a backup for the other. If they only have one pc and it fails, they are stuffed, with 2 pcs, one can fail and the other can be up and running within half an hour.

Multiple sites are fine, however its very important to have something in place to cater for your business going tits up. A second pc for £300-400 would be a well advised addition IMO.

Comment

Working...
    X