Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uploading

hello

Sorry if this has been posted but having spent a long time searching this forum I can't find the answer exactly, I have V8, I find it good except the uploading side of things, if I don't get CGI path errors, I get every other error going

I even contacted my host to write letter for letter exactly what the cgi path is and I can access it but Actinic don't like it?

The other fault I get is as per the attached file image of me having to rename files in Actinic, well, firstly I don't even have a "acatalog" file in "SITES/SITE1" so is there a genuine glitch here, is it me or what as I'm going loco here and don't know what to do

PS, if these files do exist that I can't find, what am I meant to rename them as, it's all well and good this software but by god was it written by someone whouses it every minute of every day - HELP!

thanks

Kev
    Attached Files

I even contacted my host to write letter for letter exactly what the cgi path is and I can access it but Actinic don't like it?
    Who is your host - not all support Actinic

The other fault I get is as per the attached file image of me having to rename files in Actinic, well, firstly I don't even have a "acatalog" file in "SITES/SITE1" so is there a genuine glitch here, is it me or what as I'm going loco here and don't know what to do
    You should not have to do this - it looks like something has gone wrong.

My suggestion is to completely unistall actinic and start from scratch - this will put everything back to square 1. Using the default site get it uploaded and check it is working BEFORE you start to design. This way if it goes wrong you dont trash your design trying to fix it, it also means that any faults intoduced by you by mistake are not stopping the upload.

Too many people spend weeks building a site only to find out that they have totally messed things up and have to start again.

Comment

Kev,

First of all can you post who your host and and export your network settings and pop a copy here so we can check them (remember to remover your username and password).

With regards to your error message it looks like you have got actinicore.js and actinicextras.js in your additional files. They should not be here and should be removed by going to Design| Additional Files. It may also be that the link to them is incorrectly coded within the template but lets try that first.
      Cheers

David
      Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

thank you, I think you are both right here so I'll attach them individually but here goes, and YES, I reckon I made the mistake of doing the "best" site going (which mine is of course....lol) and NOT trsting the blooming "test" site so I fell right in to this one

Jesus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        Attached Files

Comment

doc 4 attached
          Attached Files

Comment

doc 5 attached

god I hope this helps you help me??

I can work the software no problem but it's this upload and site config stuff that is messing me right up and I have already deleted the entire lot and re-installed it again but if you reckon I should do it again then I will as I have no chance of even testing this unless the latter is sorted

thank you so much for trying to help me on this, I'm grateful to you

Kev
            Attached Files

Comment

The screenshots aren't helpful as the text extends outside the visible boxes. Also some of us are reluctant to open .doc's due to the likelyhood of viruses, worms, etc.

Do this instead: Go to Web / Network and click Export. This will write a text file containing your settings. Then copy / paste that file into here (removing passwords).

Finally tell us who (your ISP) and what type (Linux / Windows) of hosting you are using.

It may also make a lot of sense to get your shop functioning without using SSL before trying to enable the SSL in the checkout.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

If you have a site already built then take a snapshot of it so you can instal it again. Get the basic actinic site working so you know that its not a host related issue and then you can export the network settings and import the snapshot. Once that is done import the network settings and that should mean that if there is a fault it is in your design eg duplicted file names.

Comment

tell us who (your ISP) and what type (Linux / Windows) of hosting you are using
                  Your not going to get anywhere without giving us this info

Comment

Hello

Below is an export from Web/Newtwrok settings, all I've changed below is my password/user name
                    This must be a case of "wood for the trees"

If this does help, I had V8 installed then in DESIGN mode did I somehow delete all my images so I took a snapshot, deleted all of V8 and re-installed it again so this problem with having to also rename files in SITES/SITE1 might be a DBase conflict perhaps?

Please put me out of my misery!
                    I'm using Windows XP home edition and the host is Ipowerweb.com

thanks

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
                    HTTPPROXYADDRESS
                    HTTPPROXYPORT 80
                    HTTPPROXYUSER
                    HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
                    FTPPROXYMODE 0
                    FTPPROXYADDRESS
                    FTPPROXYPORT 21
                    FTPPROXYUSER
                    FTPPROXYPASSWORD
                    SCRIPTID 1
                    SCRIPTEXT .pl
                    SMTPHOST mail.doorentryonline.co.uk
                    WEBSITEURL http://www.doorentryonline.co.uk/
                    IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS false
                    USERELATIVECGIURLS false
                    PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
                    USEENHANCEFTP true
                    FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
                    FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
                    FTPSILENT false
                    FTPMAXRETRIES 3
                    FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
                    SMTPAUTHREQUIRED true
                    SMTPUSERNAME
                    SMTPPASSWORD *******
                    SSLCATALOGURL https://www.doorentryonline.co.uk/vm/test/
                    SSLCGIBINURL https://www.doorentryonline.co.uk/ho..._html/cgi-bin/
                    SSLPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG /home/public_html/cgi-bin/acatalog/
                    SSLCODEBASE ./
                    SSLFTPHOST host264.ipowerweb.com
                    SSLFTPUSERNAME *******
                    SSLFTPPASSWORD *******
                    SSLPATHTOCGIBIN cgi-bin/
                    SSLUSEPASSIVEFTP false
                    CATALOGURL http://www.doorentryonline.co.uk/vm/test/acatalog/
                    CGIBINURL http://www.doorentryonline.co.uk/hom..._html/cgi-bin/
                    PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
                    CODEBASE ./
                    FTPHOST host264.ipowerweb.com
                    FTPUSERNAME
                    FTPPASSWORD *******
                    PATHTOCGIBIN /public_html/cgi-bin/
                    USEPASSIVEFTP false
                    FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
                    Last edited by kev67; 18-Feb-2007, 09:25 AM. Reason: adding extra content

Comment

Now go to Web / Network Setup and run the Test that's there and report the results.

Also (as mentioned earlier) you may want to consider not using SSL for initial setup testing (get the resultant much simpler system working first).
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thank you Norman, I will do this and let you know my findings

Comment

The 2 boxes that appeared say:

Actinic received a server error from the web server. The CGI scripts are not executing properly on the server. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts.

The paths to cgi I believe are ok as I copied them from wha my host sent me (using the template email in Actinic) of course they could've done a typo error themselves but I've tried several combinations and nowt!

My permissions to cgi are 755 and I've turned off SSL

I have a site running other shop software so I'm telling V8 to upload to this server in a "test" folder but V8 puts an empty folder called "acatalog" in the Public_html, although I don't want this to happen as I'm trying to test the thing at least I know that some of my ftp settings are correct

Any chance of someone posting their screen shot of their network settings just so I can try to compare without keep asking you guys question after question although I am grateful for all your replies on this

Comment

screen shot of network settings

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doc1kk8.jpg

Comment

the host is Ipowerweb.com
                              Why are you using a US based host if your business is based in the UK and you are using a .co.uk - this will not help your SE results. A cheap host is not always the best move. Lots of threads on the subject of hosts

Comment

Working...
                              X