Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Protx 3D secure demands

I use Actinic V8 integrated with Protx.

I have been told I need to change from PreAuth to Authenticate and Authorise, and that in order for that to work I need 3DSecure, and in order for that to work I need to download version 2.22 of VSP Protocols.

Has anyone been down this route of downloading the new protocol version and can advise me?

For a start, is it the Perl version I should be using?

Thanks for any help

Jo

v8 does use v2.22 of the Protx scripts.

You should be good to go.

I have been using 3D Secure for about four month prior to moving to v8, and I did not need to alter anything after upgrading.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

That's good news! What a relief...

Thanks very much indeed

Jo

Comment

Oh drat, just realised I use Version 7. Sigh, I am in the wrong forum here.

Will try again in the right place. What did you have to do to run the 2.22 protocol before upgrading to Version 8?

Jo

Comment

I think it was 7.0.3 that brought in v2.22 protocol - for sure it is in the current 7.0.6.
          Bill

Comment

Try here

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=16196

not bad Bill Version 7.04 though

Cheers
            Darren

Comment

You are gems. Unfortunately I have version 7.01 so it looks like I will have to upgrade to 7.06 from the Actinic website. Any ghastly pitfalls await me?? I will do a snapshot first for sure.

Jo

Comment

If you are using a workaround for any of the issues that were resolved by the 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5 or 0.6 patches you would have to remove those workarounds, but if not, then the upgrade should be as simple as watching the on screen messages.

You can go straight from 7.0.1 to 7.0.6 as the latest patch contains everything that was in the intermediate patches (except the bugs which each patch resolved).
                Bill

Comment

Thanks very much indeed. That sounds reassuring.

Jo

Comment

Has anyone got there account set up yet, i requested this at the beginning of february and sent protx an email a couple of days ago asking for an update as i am still waiting.

And got the response

Thank you for your email.

As stated in the email we sent you we need to wait for the confirmation from your merchant bank otherwise it will not work. As soon as we hear from them we will add the facility onto your account immediately and then notify you of this fact.

Kind regards

Protx Support Team

I use Natwest Streamline and i was wondering if PROTX are blaming them because they have not got around to sorting out the back log caused by the email they sent to 1000's of users, or is streamline dragging there heals?

Hence my question with regards to anyone else managing to get this done

Cheers
                    Darren

Comment

Bill

Using 3d secure have you noticed any increase in the number of customers who drop out at that stage

I can see the positive side but think I will wait untill forced to go that route in June, and hopefully everyone will then be using it and in the same boat
                      Chris Ashdown

Comment

I'v had it available on and off since February 2006. It's now on again to stay.

[edit]Chris - the June date is a deadline for every Protx merchant to be using 3D Secure. The latest mailing I received indicates that as each bank/settlement processor announces readiness Protx intend to switch all customers of that bank/service provider over.

Darren - This sort of indicates that they may be dragging their feet on individual switchovers if there is a bulk change on the horizon for that processor.
                        Last edited by wjcampbe; 02-Mar-2007, 03:20 PM. Reason: sent too early
                        Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

I have not had any recent mailings, just the one at the beginning of the February, i was just trying to get a feel before i rang streamline asking what the hold up is

Cheers
                          Darren

Comment

Latest mailing dated 1st March

We will be rolling out this Express Set Up to all merchants bank by bank between now and June, and we will inform you by email when this has been done. All you will need to do is log into your VSP Admin area and switch on 3D Secure.
                            Bill

Comment

Regarding how it affects the customer, they have to register the card with their bank for the service. If they are not already registered, they will be given the opportunity to do so during the transaction. They will be asked security questions relating to information they provided when the card was issued. Provided they answer these questions correctly they will then be able to choose a username and password for future use with the card. At present 3D Secure is not mandatory, so the customer can bypass it and return to the checkout process. If this happens the merchant will be advised of this and can decide whether or not to process the order. I would imagine that eventually the customer will have to use 3D Secure, in the same way as Chip & Pin for in store transactions.
                              Brian
                              www.flowergallery.co.uk
                              Same day flower delivery to UK
                              Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
                              International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Working...
                              X