Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Innerlayout problems after downgrading.

Hi all,

I upgraded to beta 8.5, but soon had an issue (I later found out btw, that the problem I was having was un-related to the beta version, but an issue with my code), and downgraded back to v8.0.4 but there seems to be a problem with the Innerlayout.

In the design view, I can't select any aspects of the design, i.e. the navbuttons. None of the design is selectable.

Also, the Innerlayout is completely missing.

I'm pretty sure that the Innerlayout was ok before I downgraded -- can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
    Simon
    Simon Williams
    Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Restore the layout back to factory settings and start again or use the compare facility and see what is different.

Comment

Hi Lee,

It's a design done using Dreamweaver ...
      Simon Williams

Comment

The inner layouts are not done in dreamweaver on 8.04. The external layout can be, however you said that its the inner layout giving you grief.

Comment

That's right Lee.

I'm having a look through some of the code at the moment, and it seems a little messed up. Possibly 'lost in translation' between DW and Actinic.
          Simon Williams

Comment

As i understand, you include the innerlayout variable and it all comes in just from that, i'm not sure how it can go wrong really. It maybe worth checking using the "*" marker which shows altered templates. If they are not heavily customised i would suggest reverting the layouts with a * next to them and see what happens. Make sure you have a snapshot before you do anything.

If that fails, then id redo the inclusion of the actinic variables into the dreamweaver design and reregister it and see if as you say something just went titsup for no particular reason.

Comment

Thanks for your help Lee, but I think I've nailed down the issue.

I am using <iframe to include an external page. It looks like my Innerlayout was also included in the iframe, but was not seen due to the small size of the frame.

I'm looking into how to 'exit' the iframe and return to the Innerlayout frame.

I was thinking out your final sugestion a few minutes ago, and hoping that it wasn't going to be the course of action!

Thanks again buddy,
              Simon
              Simon Williams

Comment

Missed out the closing </iframe> !!!

<iframe frameborder=0 width="178" height="550" src="/menu_tree/sample.html"></iframe>

DARN IT!
                Simon Williams

Comment

lol Simon, frustrated? know the feeling!

Comment

Working...
                  X