Actinic as an online order system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic as an online order system

I need to put a costing together very quickly for a client who wants to display their products on a site so that their existing clients only who are already dealing with them are able to order items online but are not taken through the checkout routine.

So the criteria is this:
    1. Existing clients can order products through the website.
    2. They are not required to go through the checkout routine
    3. They will be invoiced by post after the agreed term as normal

In basic terms it would just be an online ordering system.

I am currently using Actinic Designer to create an ecommerce site for someone else and so I was wondering if you think that I could utilise Actinic for this purpose and indeed if you think it would be worth the time and trouble of changing the way Actinic would be working.

Look forward to hearing from you even if it is to tell me that I am mad.
    <br>www.tsg-group.co.uk
    <br>Digital Canvas Prints

When I die I want go peacefully in my sleep just like my Grandmother did.

Not screaming like the passengers in her car.

The customer would still need to create an order and be processed so checkout should be completed. You could however set the payment method to 'cheque on delivery' or 'payment on account' and just change the wording to suit such as 'invoice by post'.

BTW - you're not mad!

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply and the reassurance that I am not mad. Much appreciated.

The option of 'cheque on delivery' had occured to me initially but the problem is that the clients would still have to go through the process of feeding in all their details. All these are long standing existing clients and these details from the order would be irrelevant and inconvenient for clients to have to fill in. I was kind of hoping there may be a way of totally skipping this part of the process and just sending the order through for any products required.

Thank you again for your reply.

I will have a think about it and see what I can come up with. It would be nice to use Actinic as I am very impressed by the product in general.

As a passing thought as I write this. I have not looked into the Login facility fully. If I was to create an account for each of the clients and prefill all their details, do you think that this would allow them to quickly skip to the end of the process without too much pain?
      <br>www.tsg-group.co.uk

Comment

As an account customer all their data is already filled in so the checkout is minimul input to them

Also of benifit the account customer can see the Retail price plus their discounted price(if discount applied)
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Trev

Once they have filled their details in once, Actinic will retain the details if you let it. Although it may annoy them the first time, it should be much quicker second time round.

If there is no way they will ever want it reinstated then i reckon it could be amended to suit your needs, but i wouldnt recommend it personally. Any future updates and version changes and you could be left with one big headache.

Comment

Lee and Chris. Thanks for your replies.

I am going to have a look at this option as a possible solution.

Lee. A very good point you made about bearing in mind future upgrades. I will definately be taking your advice as the last thing I want is having to revisit the job once completed.

Once again thanks.
            <br>www.tsg-group.co.uk

Comment

Trevor if it helps you out try this site

http://www.cabp.co.uk

and login in using darren psswrd darren

you can see different delivery addresses and you can also have different buyers for the same company

Cheers
              Darren

Comment

Hi Darren.

Thank you very much for that.

I had a look and it seems as though this might give me what I am looking for.

I have played around with the Account facility on my own test site now. I am going to look into it a bit further but I think I will be running this by my client as a definite option.

Many thanks.
                <br>www.tsg-group.co.uk

Comment

Hi Darren.

Thank you very much for that.

I had a look and it seems as though this might give me what I am looking for.

I have played around with the Account facility on my own test site now. I am going to look into it a bit further but I think I will be running this by my client as a definite option.

Many thanks.
                  <br>www.tsg-group.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X