V8 vs V7 Stock Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 vs V7 Stock Control

I have asked this question of actinic but their lips remain sealed.

Does V8 carry the same stock control bug as the current V7 software?

The bug in question is the one that adds stock to your stock levels i.e:

You hold 5 notepads in stock a customer checksout with 1 but the payment fails.
    This then gets downloaded into the the pending payment service provider tab (at this point it has not affected the original stock holding quantity of 5).
    When you cancel the item it adds 1 back to the total stock holding giving you a total of 6 items in stock!!!!

I really can't believe that Actinic have got this one so wrong.
    I am hoping that by switching to V8 this problem will be cured.

Can anyone update me?

Does no one use the stock control on V8?

Someone must know........................Please

Comment

you need to give time for people to answer,
      you raised the question at 5pm yesterday, and then chased at 9am, problem is that if people look at this forum when they are at work (9-5??), they missed it as yesterdays posting and they are still waking up this morning.

Comment

Morning Teresa

This problem has been fixed in v8.5.0 - the latest v8 build. If you drop me an email at communityadmin at actinic.co.uk I can let you know where you can download it from.

Comment

Chris is this the Release of V8.5 or still the beta

Darren

Comment

Still beta i presume as its location is hush hush. im sitting here waiting for it too lol.

Comment

Chris has gone to hide, he should know by now the the hawks will swoop on discarded comments like "drop me an email and i'll send you a link"

Darren

Comment

Hello.

I haven't gone into hiding - I just only check the Community twice a day

Basically, the issue is that the core 8.5.0 program is ready to roll, but we are waiting for one add-on component to be completed before we release it into the field fully. The second beta is the version that we are releasing, but if you need 8.5.0 desperately (e.g. for a bug fix) then contact support and they can give you a link to download it.

Comment

Thanks Chris

Just keep my eyes open, i just need it for the shipping - i can finally sort this out after a all this time.

Its a bit like waiting to see what santa has brought

Cheers
                  Darren

Comment

Naughty kids don't get to see santa Darren, i wouldn't hold your breath.

Comment

I am being good, promise, well i will on christmas eve.

Comment

I run V5 at the moment and have the same stock control problem.
                        Why has such a fundamental problem such as this, only been fixed in V8.5???

The design theme I used in V5 isn't supported in V8, so I'm just waiting for V8.5 to be released before I re-design my site.

Comment

Working...
                        X