Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Group of Stock only?

Hi

We are moving and hence selling some of our stock off at 20%.

I'd like to apply a 20% discount to only lines that have stock?

I couldn't find an easy way to do this in Actinic, is there a quick and easy way?

Martin

Export your products into excel and run a formula on any prices where stock level is greater than 0. Once the field is updated, reimport into actinic.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      Export your products into excel and run a formula on any prices where stock level is greater than 0. Once the field is updated, reimport into actinic.
      Hi. that's kind of what I'm currently doing, running exports, adjusting the data in Excel then importing back. Just thought I'd check if there was a better way.

Martin

Comment

Martin

You only need to run one export. Why are you doing exports?

If you know what you are doing in excel or access, this is a 20 minute job to do the lot. What are you doing thats taking so long?

Comment

It is about a 20 minute job, I'm just lazy.

I wanted stock only items to include in their description something like "10% OFF was £100 now ONLY 90".

What I did was to export the data to excel, do the maths and add the text to the descriptions with a simple formula like ='Sheet1'!C1&" **** 10% OFF While Stocks Last - Was £"&'Sheet1'!F1&" NOW ONLY £"&'Sheet1'!G1&" First Come First Served "

I thought it would be best to do the discount in Sage rather than Actinic, otherwise alterations to my discounts in Actinic will be over written with a Sage update to Actinic - but the import function in Sage cannot work on the web descriptions, so I have to do that in Actinic anyway, but I still do the discount in Sage.

So each day I am restoring 1000 lines back to their original prices in Sage via Sage import - exporting to sift out only in-stock items in Excel, and re-importing that shorter list with the discount re-applied. Then when I update stock etc from Sage into Actinic my product descriptions lose the discount text, so I then go through the same process for Actinic, before uploading the website.

I was thinking that when a discount is applied in Actinic it displays the discount/promotional text for you, but like you say, it only takes 20mins, but stock is moving fast.

Martin

Comment

Working...
          X