Problem with SMTP setting for Easyspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with SMTP setting for Easyspace

I'm stumped. I have just uploaded my new V8 site, hosted by Easyspace, and the SMTP setting doesn't work. I've used "localhost" and "10.1.1.200" - neither work.
    "localhost" gives an error "The computer you specified as your mail server is not a valid mail (SMTP) server. Check the computer name or address and try again. If it fails again, then it is possible, you were locked out by a firewall program, or you don't have network connection to this server."
    "10.1.1.200" times out when the test is checking the CGI script settings.
    I have a V7 site hosted by Easyspace and it works fine with "localhost"..

Any ideas..

Linda

hi

there server probably does not support smtp mail.
    if this is the case you will need to edit your actinic.pm file to support sendmail, instructions are available at www.drillpine.biz
    Simbo thanks you in advance again

Comment

update

actinic/add ons scroll right to the bottom..

Comment

Thanks for that info. It says the instructions are for V 5 & 6. Does it work OK with V8?

Linda

Comment

good point

you can check with norman email him from the site. sure he will have a solution i know the edit is possable i have an edited file:email me if you want it. backup your file first.

Comment

Thanks for all your help. I finally got a reply from Easyspace to try "10.6.0.18" and it actually worked. So the problem is solved and we are all up and running.

Linda..
            www.brolliesgalore.co.uk
            www.stonesofscotland.co.uk
            www.scruffmacduff.co.uk
            www.thenaysmithgroup.co.uk
            www.brolliesgalore.co.uk - An umbrella for you and umbrellas for everyone!
            www.stickandcaneshop.co.uk - Walking Sticks and Canes of every shape and size
            www.umbrellaboutique.co.uk - Designer umbrellas and parasols
            www.wedding-umbrellas.co.uk - Chrysalin Wedding and Bridal Umbrellas and Parasols **Trade Only**

Comment

easyspace smtp details

Hi Linda

I'm trying to set this up using easyspace, not having much luck. Wondered if you could point me in the right direction

smtp server: ?????
              username & password required: ?????
              username: Is this my easyspace username?

Comment

I've just set one up today using a clients purchased package, i used '10.6.0.18' with no passwords or anything else and actinic was happy.

She did start the package as Windows, where i was using localhost, however Windows hosting was as ever a pain in the rear, so they have swapped it to Linux/Unix now and that is working fine for me.

It is in Japanese though which is a different story

Comment

Ahh Easyspace

When i first purchased my domain through them I made the mistake of using Windows Hosting. The SMTP was then a little difficult on moving over to unix, but the 10.1.1.200 works a treat for me!

Lloyd
                  www.nappies-direct.com
                  Lloyd Hawken
                  www.nappies-direct.com

Comment

Easyspace SMTP -

I had the same problem yesterday - Actinic mail just stopped and the netwrok settings test showed the invalid SMTP server.

SMTP was set to 10.1.1.200 which had been working since Feb. Localhost had worked before that.

Tried 10.6.0.18 - no joy so raise a ticket with Easyspace, see response below:-

"I do apologise for the inconvenience. The SMTP server for your site should be
                    10.1.1.200. However, on the last few days we were experiencing the degraded
                    performance on that server. Some mail was delayed due to high load on the
                    server. Our system administrator have already rectified the issue now. "

But unfortunately it is still not working..........

Comment

Easyspace SMTP server 10.1.1.200 working

The Easyspace SMTP server at address 10.1.1.200 is working again 14:05 hrs - for me at any rate..........

Comment

Working...
                      X