Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding a product with a selection and attribute variable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a product with a selection and attribute variable.

I would like to add a series of items to my shop.

It goes a little like this.

They are the same thing, i.e.
    dubbing but are available in 10 colors. Each of the colors must be stock controlled and I don’t want to add them as separate items lines.

I read the manual (again) and it states that it wont go into this topic because of obvious restraints on the authors time.

I know it is possible to do this and any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

If you create one product and add ten choices of colour to the product, actinic will only be doing the stock on the main item. In other words if you have 10 red, 4 blue, 3 green etc. they would all be controlled under the same stock level.

If you create one product and have 10 hidden products (one for each colour) and associate these hidden products with the main product, you can then have the stock control you would like.

I am sure that it is impossible for you to monitor the stock levels automatically on each colour choice without having the hidden products created.

If you are any good with spreadsheets, you can easily create an import sheet which will create each product for you, or you can copy them within actinic itself. It sounds time consuming, but in fact it is very quick.

Have one main section on your site (that is hidden) and maintain all of you different choices within this.

Comment

Thanks Lee I will give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
        If you create one product and add ten choices of colour to the product, actinic will only be doing the stock on the main item. In other words if you have 10 red, 4 blue, 3 green etc. they would all be controlled under the same stock level.

If you create one product and have 10 hidden products (one for each colour) and associate these hidden products with the main product, you can then have the stock control you would like.

I am sure that it is impossible for you to monitor the stock levels automatically on each colour choice without having the hidden products created.

If you are any good with spreadsheets, you can easily create an import sheet which will create each product for you, or you can copy them within actinic itself. It sounds time consuming, but in fact it is very quick.

Have one main section on your site (that is hidden) and maintain all of you different choices within this.
        How do you link product associates?

Comment

Can anyone else help on this, im sure it cant be that difficult as it mentions it within the basic manual.

For me its got to be fundemental to this type of application and im surprised its not a basic function.

Comment

George

In the help menu within actinic, there is a choice called "starter guide", there is a fantastic tutorial on doing exactly what you want to do, i saw it yesterday. The starter guide has some fantastic lessons and they are far more in depth than any post somebody may write on here.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X