Stylesheet Formatting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stylesheet Formatting

Have noticed on several sites (including 1 of my own) the stylesheet is uploaded as 1 long list of code ... rather than displaying line breaks and other formatting.

I am guessing this is down to Actinic compacting the code upon upload. The stylesheets in question are single, external sheets linked manually from the outer layout (not in-house actinic.css). The sheet is in the root of the site1 folder.

Is there any way to retain the formatting in the CSS but still compact the rest of the code? Retaining the formatting make debugging and testing on the fly that much simpler in Firefox.

Jont

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

De-selecting "compact html" has not resolved the stylesheet compaction!

Bikster

Comment

Resolved

In case of use to others I have re-ticked the "compact HTML" option but now added the external.css file to the "Additional Files List" ... this seems to have done the trick and is now retaining the stylesheet formatting with line breaks etc.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
        In case of use to others I have re-ticked the "compact HTML" option but now added the external.css file to the "Additional Files List" ... this seems to have done the trick and is now retaining the stylesheet formatting with line breaks etc.
        Very good piece of advice, thanks John

David
        -----------------------------
        www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Working...
        X