X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two components

Hi,

Can anyone help please?

I have a product -a drysuit - that comes in male and femal sizes. I have set this up as two components. Unfortunately when a customer orders the default value of the one they didn't order is also diplayed on the order (though not added) It makes the order look very confusing. How should I deal/correct this.

My address is http://shop.sussexscuba.co.uk/
    and go to drysuits and select Draco

Thanks very much

Change your layout so there is a radiobutton choice of male or female and then a choice of sizes. Use the permutations tab on the parent component to specify which combinations are valid.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill,

Thanks for that.
      But if I go to the permutations|layout tab the option to have a radio button is only available when you get down to the options (in this case the invidual sizes. If I do that i get a radio button for every size, and not a radio button to select male and female which is what I thought you were trying to do. Even if I have a radio button for every size I still have to have a selection from both male and female

Have I misunderstood?

Comment

Sorry Derek, perhaps I need to explain in more detail.

You will have only one component - Options

In that component you will have two Attributes - Sex (using RadioButtons) and Size (using Dropdown)

The component permutations tab can be autofilled, and then you would need to go through and untick the valid option on those combinations which are not valid.

I hope this is clearer, but if not holler again and we can go into more detail.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Derek,

Is this the HTML of the component showing up? I think that you only need one component with no html, then add the price to the description eg ladies £100 ect on a dropdown or radio buttons then fix the price in the permutations tab.

If I'm reading this correctly!
          Percentage Golf
          Booksand.info

Comment

Thanks very much. Got it sorted

Comment

Working...
            X