actinic.css import and preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actinic.css import and preview

It appears to me that if you make actinic.css import an external css file as in the AUG, the effect of this second css file is only visible when you have uploaded the site.

Is the only way round this to link it in the page template (which does work, and I realise it will be linked twice in the final pages)...or is there a better solution?

Thanks...

Is it sitting within your site1 folder and your preview folder?

Comment

I tend to place all the code into a single myown.css and link that direct from the outer layout - this keeps everything in the one file and makes cascade issues easier to spot. I started a thread about not compacting the CSS in the v8 forum which you may want to look at if you go this route.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

2 copies?

I don't like the thought of having to update two copies - in site1 and the preview - or copy from one to the other

As a beginner I end up flicking between the design window, page preview with periodic publishes to a test server and don't want to give my brain any more to cope with. Or does Actinic refresh the preview copy if it spots it has changed?

Yes, Jont - that was a useful thread I found when searching for actinic.css; thanks. I added my css file to the extra files list.

Comment

Keep one copy in the root of the site folder and the copy in the preview folder will update when you preview again inside of Actinic

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Ahah

Jont

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
            X