Fatal error on import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatal error on import

I keep getting this error when importing a snapshot from someone elses machine.

FATAL ERRORS
    (File Snapshot.cpp, Line 1367) - Archive error 12 - The zip file open call failed
    Library error - This is not a ZIP file or the structure of ZIP file is damaged! has been caught.

I am afraid it means nothing to me. I have searched other threads and found the one outlining the bug in 8.0.3. I have now upgraded and still seem to be getting the error on import.

ANy help very gratefully received.

Thanks,
    James

Check that you can open the snapshot file in winzip (try the old V7) by renaming the snapshot file from .acd to .zip
    If you can open the archive then the 'zip' is ok else it may be bad and you may need to get another snapshot.

Comment

thank you. strangely it now works. The. acd file was getting corrupted when copying to an external hard drive and then onto my computer. I then used an online storage facility to pass the file from computer to computer and the file was fine. Strange but True.
      For the record the product was Packard Bell Store and Save 3500!
      Thanks for the prompt reply,
      James

Comment

That error can often to fixed by restarting Actinic, so maybe that is what happened in your case.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Just had this on a v11 site. Just to help with anyone else searching the forum keywords as part of the error when importing and ACD from one machine onto another are :

ChilkatLog
          OverwrittenSite.zip
          Export.fpf
          Fatal Error

Restarting Actinic solved the error

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X