HSBC - Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC - Bug

Ive had a strange thing happen a few times now which makes me think there may be a bug.

Several times clients have reported that thier site has gone into test mode for HSBC payments - it just happened again with a site Ive been watching. Between the last time it happened and now nothing has changed on the payments tab which would cause this.

Anyone else noticed it?

Hi,

We've had no other reports of this issue that I can find. Can you confirm if HSBC is being set to 'Test Mode' in the 'Configure Method' window or does it stay in 'Production Mode'? Does the live site go into test mode after an update/refresh? If so, what happens before the upload (ie import snapshot/external file / make changes to other business settings etc)?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

We've had no other reports of this issue that I can find.
      Thats good news

Can you confirm if HSBC is being set to 'Test Mode' in the 'Configure Method' window or does it stay in 'Production Mode'?
      It switches to Test Mode

Does the live site go into test mode after an update/refresh? If so, what happens before the upload (ie import snapshot/external file / make changes to other business settings etc)?
      I dont know what causes it - it apears to be totally random. Its usually detected by tracking software that shows customers are having problems at checkout.

Comment

Hi,

I dont know what causes it - it apears to be totally random
        It's going to be difficult to track down if we can't recreate the problem. I wonder if you could try and get the following information for me:

- what's the exact version of the software (Help | About...)
        - how often does it happen?
        - how many people upload the site (ie do you deal with the uploading or is it just your client)?
        - the only thing I can think of that will affect anything in the business settings is importing a snapshot, so do you send snapshots to your client to import? If so, could they import one and check in the business settings if HSBC has been set to Test Mode?
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

- what's the exact version of the software (Help | About...)
          - 8.0.4.0.0.0 GMVA

how often does it happen?
          - 3 times I have noticed

how many people upload the site (ie do you deal with the uploading or is it just your client)?
          One

- the only thing I can think of that will affect anything in the business settings is importing a snapshot, so do you send snapshots to your client to import? If so, could they import one and check in the business settings if HSBC has been set to Test Mode?
          Tested snapshot and no change in settings - occured.

As you say this is going to be difficult to track down so I think the best thing to do is for me to keep an eye on it and come back to you if I can track a possible cause.

Comment

Hi,

so I think the best thing to do is for me to keep an eye on it and come back to you if I can track a possible cause
            Yes please. In the meantime, I'll ask our development team if there is anything else specific that we could look into.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracy, Its done it again - discovered it when a customer called to ask if we were working on the website. All that has happened since the last time is the usual updates and snapshots so Ive no idea what is causing it. I will keep looking.

Comment

Just noticed that this time it had changed to pre-authorise as well as switching to test mode!

Comment

Hi Malcolm,

Sorry, a post that I made seems to have gone missing (I probably forgot to press submit after typing it ). Can you upload the 'c:\program files\actinic v8\OCCUpgrade\OCCUpgrade.ini' file from the uploading pc so I can check it against mine please.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Hi tracy,
                    The forum is not letting me upload it - do you have an email I can send it to.

Comment

Malcom - as always, use a txt extension instead of the ini and it should upload fine.
                      Bill
                      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

use a txt extension instead
                        Thanks bill - my brain is not working today

Comment

This should be it ruralwebocc.txt

Comment

Hi Malcolm,

I see that the file has been changed but not for HSBC. There is a change to the Nochex details and the version number has been incremented. I have put this back to the development team for further ideas.
                            Tracey
                            SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracy

Comment

Working...
                              X