Front and back end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front and back end

I have recently upgraded from V6 Catalogue to V8 Business. In the old version I got around design issues by doing the front end in Dreamweaver and just leaving Actinic to cope with the back end techie stuff. Can I still do this with the new version? (It's taken me a long time to get a good Google ranking that I don't see the point in changing the way I do things unless absolutely necessary! & I'd have to re-do my Froogle feed, which with 1200+ products would be slightly annoying!)
    I am using Dreamweaver 4 am too tight to upgrade to a version that works with Actinic!

Should work ok.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
      Should work ok.
      Doesn't it require MX? and above to use the plug-in to register the design?

You can work manually and copy and paste between Actinic and DW to retain the Actinic Layout variables ... although this will lead to the very ugly full code view and not the nice compacted view inside DW

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Doesn't it require MX? and above to use the plug-in to register the design?
        I read the post as he is going to design the front end ie brochure pages inc homepage externally in DW and just use the catalog to do the shopping bits to avoid any possible ranking changes on google. This way he will not need the DW extension

Comment

front end

Hi guys,
          is this an easyish thing to do, is it basically a case of importing into dreamweaver and changing as you wish and then exporting back to actinic.
          I have JUST got dreamweaver and took a quick look, but when importing into d/w all I could see was code rather than an image representation of my page.
          I would appreciate any pointers.
          Cheers.
          Mark
          If everything in life were simple there would be no challenge!

Comment

This thread is about NOT using DW for site building - your question is answered in many many threads dating all the way back to July laster. Do a search and you will get all the info you need.

Comment

no probs

cheers,
              will do
              If everything in life were simple there would be no challenge!

Comment

Working...
              X