Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BASEHREF variable doesn't populate with URL

Hi All,

I've got a major problem with our site which I think is due to the BASEHREF varible. Our store is a v8.04 version site and I noticed problems with paths to css and images missing from script based pages like contact us form, search and checkout forms. Having read the posts before regarding problems with BASEHREF we were quickly able to establish this as being the root cause. It seems the BASEHREF variable is not populating with site URLs when the site is published.

I hardcoded the URL's which appeared to fix things but it appears this is leading to all sorts of other problems. The shopping cart is being emptied when bouncing back into the store after adding to cart! I got a hunch this is due to the BASEHREF being incorrect can anyone offer any advice.

site to preview is www.withknobson.com try adding to cart from any sections.

any help greatfull appreciated.

The checkout worked ok for me - clear your cache and try again.

Comment

Works for me on FF2, guess it must be your cache.

Site looks very good, think I may stop waiting for V8.5 and load up the 8.4 version!

Comment

Doh! Thanks guys clearing the cache did the trick nothing to do with BASEHREF there then. I would still like to get to the bottom of why its not writing the urls out when uploading though. I appreciate your replys I've been sat in front of this thing most of the day trying to figure out that and the BASEHREF problem.

Comment

I dont see a problem <Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="http://www.withknobson.com/"

Comment

Hi,

I also have this problem. Let me know if you fix it, I put it on the backburner till nearer my launch.

try the quicksearch to see it in action...

www.madmash.com

Paul.

Comment

BASEHREF has been hard coded by me in order to get the site functioning correctly its not the result of Actinic populting the variable BASEHREF when the site is published. So whislt it is correct in the code the application is not performing the way I expect it to.

Comment

BASEHREF has been hard coded by me in order to get the site functioning correctly its not the result of Actinic populting the variable BASEHREF when the site is published
                Difficult to suggest an answer as your site is heavily customised I would suggest that it has been corrupted during the design process. I would restore to a standard theme and check the coding to see what is different and replace it.

Comment

Hi John/Paul,

You may have checked this but did you have the correct basehref variable in your checkout page overall layouts, in the head tags?

<actinic:variable name="BaseHref" />

If you paste that in does it still not generate the code?
                  Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Hi Toby,

Yes as far I'm aware variable in the head tag is 'BaseHref'. When expanded is what you posted. <actinic:variable name="BaseHref" />

Comment

Hi John,

Are you using a different layout for your checkout pages? If so, can you please check the variable exists in there?

If not we would have to look at your code to see why this is not being generated. I can't think of any other reason except your customisation. So you'll need to log a query to support here.
                      Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

already did that Toby, support couldnt figure it out! The variable BaseHref is present where it is expected, the syntax of the variable is correct. I've upgraded to v8.05 in the hope that the upgrade somehow fixes what is broke.

Comment

Hi,

did the upgrade to 8.05 work?

Paul.

Comment

BASEHREF Fixed

v8.5.0 sorted it, got loads of other glitches now but BASEHREF sorted

Comment

Working...
                            X