v8.5 ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8.5 ......

Is anyone ‘successfully’ (please note the inverted commas) using 8.5 yet with the DW integration?

Yes, I know it’s still in development, but the word on the street is that shipping is the only thing to be completed, which is 99.99r% complete.

I just can’t afford to wait! I have to get to work on a site that requires DW, and I don’t want to start using v8, and have to upgrade later.

Cheers
    Simon
    Simon Williams
    Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

I played with it but gave up because of the shipping bug which also caused snapshots to fail. If the DW bits work this time round then it "should" make things easier.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
      I played with it but gave up because of the shipping bug which also caused snapshots to fail. If the DW bits work this time round then it "should" make things easier.
      Cheers Malcolm – I’ll give it a go and report back any issues.

Si
      Simon Williams

Comment

Dont get in too deep - the snapshot error was big and you will NOT be able to recover.

Comment

Thanks Malcolm, I'll bear that in mind -- Just layout I'm really concerned with initially.
          Simon Williams

Comment

Erm .. do you know where I can download a copy from? It seems to have been taken off the site!
            Simon Williams

Comment

I checked this morning and 8.5 is available on the site. I am a little confused and concerned though as I've been using 8.5 since it's official release on the 19th of Feb. Do the problems previously described relate to the previously available beta of it or to the full release ? If it was the full release and it has now been patched, does that mean the patch available from the site is different from the patch I downloaded and upgraded to last week ?
              Ahh, so many questions for a monday morning......Sorry, but some clarification would be good!
              Richard Gosler
              Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
              Dorset, UK

Comment

Richard,

I can't see 8.50 available to download on the site and Im sure there hasn't been an official release yet. Where are you finding the download?
                Cheers

David
                Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

You can't - it has been removed for the moment. If you 'really' need it you can request link from Actinic support.

Comment

This is the content of an automated email I received on the 16th of Feb:

Dear Partner

We are pleased to announce that Actinic v8.5.0 will be released into full production on Monday 19th February. This interim release features some significant changes including;

- Significant enhancements to shipping capabilities including volumetric
                    - Enhancements to the design capabilities with improved Dreamweaver integration
                    - Ecommerce-EPOS link (Actinic Business and EPOS Network only)
                    - Full compatibility with Windows Vista

A version of Actinic EPOS compatible with the link in v8.5.0 is expected within the next few days.

Please note:
                    - v8.5.0 cannot co-exist with other versions of v8 on the same PC
                    - once v8.5.0 has been installed it cannot be downgraded to a previous release of v8

For more information on the features new in v8.5.0, go to;
                    http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/v850.htm

To see details of changes in v8.5.0, go to;
                    http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/changes_v8.htm

To download v8.5.0, go to;
                    http://www.actinic.co.uk/about/PartnerRelease.php4
                    Richard Gosler
                    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
                    Dorset, UK

Comment

8.5 hasn't been released yet.

Here are some of Chris' comments from the 20th

OK - err - I think in all that there is a question about when 8.5.0 will roll out into full production. Basically, the core application is ready to roll but we are waiting for one add-on component to be finished off. It is rather frustrating. If you need 8.5.0 for a bug fix then please contact me or support at we'll let you know where you can get it from. Otherwise - please bear with us.
                      <fx: slowly lifts veil on mysterious and arcane Actinic development processes>

On Monday we were told it should only be a couple of days.

<fx: reverently lowers veil>

So hopefully this week. Sorry I cannot be more specific.
                      Mike
                      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi guys

8.5 is now in production - see http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=27971

We were waiting on the next version of Actinic EPOS to be available before we released it publicly - but that's still going to be a few more days. So if all you want is the Actinic Business-EPOS link, then you might want to hold fire before upgrading. Otherwise, 8.5 is out.

Comment

I installed my 8.5 with the full version installer.

I've played around with the new DW integration and it's pretty good for inserting tables and changing colours etc.

Don’t forget to install the new 8.1 Actinic Assistant.mxp (C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Extensions\Dreamweaver\Actinic_Assistant\)
                          Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
                          X