Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the contents of the Horizontal Navigation Bar

Hi
    another query of what I expect is of a very basic nature, but I just can't get it.

Theme: Smart
    I want to change the appearance of the horizontal navigation links - specifically to remove the square brackets.
    How do I go about that please.

Also, let's say I want to change the text of one of the links? I have been to (as an example) the Layout Code - Terms Text Link and double clicked on InfoText.
    I change both Inital Value and Top Level Value. But the changes are not reflected, either in design or preview mode.

What am I doing wrong?

TIA
    Sean
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Hi Sean,

Take a look in Design | Library | Layouts and look for "Navigation Bars". Double click on "Horizontal Nav Bar Text Links". You will see the names of the layouts for each of your buttons. So you now need to open up each of those and delete the "[" and "]" in the code.

To change the names of them I would just go to Settings | Site Options | Links and change the text there.

I hope this helps.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

I see the names of the layouts for each of ther buttons. So now how do I open up each of those and delete the "[" and "]" in the code?

I only really have edit selector or edit appearance.

Comment

For example the first button is "Home Text Link". Look in the library under "Navigation Icons" for "Home Text Links" and double click on it.
        Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Thanks thats it. Is it possible to change the size of these? If so is this where it would be done?

Comment

Sure, if you have a look in the code you'll see its using a span class:

<span class="actxxsmall"><strong><actinic:variable name="HomeText" /></strong></span>

An easy fix would be to take out an "x" or two in "actxxsmall":

<span class="actsmall"><strong><actinic:variable name="HomeText" /></strong></span>

Or you could try "actlarge"

Alternatively just wrap font tags around "HomeText".
            Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

That again works great.

Just trying to find where the brochure pages nav buttons are to do the same to them. Hmm...

Comment

Sorry, ...

Any ideas on how do do the same with the brochure?

Comment

You will find them in 'Design | Library' look down the initial list you should see 'Brochure Page Navigation Bars'.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Toby
                    yes - that's great. Thank you.
                    As I said - it's obvious really. I find I'm looking for complicated answers all the time, when if I simply read the code properly I'd see (for example) those "[" 's!

But I am learning!

Cheers
                    Sean

Originally posted by Toby B
                    Hi Sean,

Take a look in Design | Library | Layouts and look for "Navigation Bars". Double click on "Horizontal Nav Bar Text Links". You will see the names of the layouts for each of your buttons. So you now need to open up each of those and delete the "[" and "]" in the code.

To change the names of them I would just go to Settings | Site Options | Links and change the text there.

I hope this helps.
                    Kind Regards
                    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
                    X