1and1 tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1and1 tools

We are hosting with 1and1 on their professional package and I was wondering if many people use any of the free tools available under their hosting packages, e.g. site maps, submission, email marketing, site checker, etc...?

I am working on a marketing plan and a general site refresh at present so looking at all options. Just after people's general feel for the software, if they have found better third party stuff and general comments.

Cheers
    Rob

Early on I tried out the site submission package - it seemed to be reasonable, but I have ended up with the address I used for submission getting a slew of 'newsletters' in return for listings.

The Live2Site and WebBuilder have major incompatablilities with Actinic. Don't even try to use them. The sitemaps - I roll my own XML sitemap, so have not tried it, the forum - turned out you cannot alter the Logo/background etc so it's not really customisable - I tried it and dropped it.

In general, I found the 1 and 1 offers useful for learning, but better available elsewhere - often at no cost.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I completely agree with Bill's comments. Additionally, I don't want to be reliant on a host for features of a commercial site.

Comment

Thanks guys - kind of sums up my doubts. Its all in the detail isnt it!

Cheers
        Rob

Comment

Working...
        X