Comment

That should be fine then.

regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
        Philip,

Upload a copy of your v8.0.4 snapshot to your server and drop me a link with details as to what product you are using at bksupport / at / actinic / co / uk and i will take a look at this for you first thing Monday or earlier depending on when you drop me the link.

Kind regards,

Thank you for giving me the time at the weekend I am very graetful - this is my second full weekend at dealing with theses problems and my site has now been down for 2 weeks - I cannot afford to lose this amount of business - and my family would like to see me again sometime soon!
        I will e-mail my snapshot to you in the next hour.

https://www2.securesiteserver.co.uk/giardino/acatalog
        this is the shop for www.giardino.co.uk

I am on Actinic Business cover and Kirthi is trying very hard but we are gettig nowhere and she has sugested looking onto this forum.

The problem you have commented on (upgrade to ver 8.05 database problem) is the 'last' and least of my problems the original problem is listed below which occured when I upgraded from version 7 to version 8 2 weeks ago.

I run 3 pc's one for design, one for dowloading orders, and my laptop for also doing design. Actinic suggested the problem below would go away if I ugraded to version 8.05, which I did and now that version doesn't work at all (fatal error above comments - database issue) and I can't go back.

However, I still have version 8.04 on my laptop and I think if we can sort this problem I could upload from my laptop and at least get the shop open.

When uploading (or web refresh or purge) the following message is received:

"An error occured while merging files on theremote site. COntent type: text/plainContent-length:215Date:Sun, 11-Mar-2007 10:47:47 GMTSet -Cookie: ACTINIC_BUSINESS=-;PATH=/;OK"

The result of this is if you go through the shop ( everything is OK) until hitting 'Add to Cart' when you hit said cart button the page following is just text with the following error message at the top.

"Content-type: text/html Content-length: 9695 Date: Sun, 11-Mar-2007 09:08:15 GMT Cache-Control: no-cache Pragma: no-cache Set-Cookie: ACTINIC_CART=81Z137Z183Z117A1173604095B3236; EXPIRES=Sun, 11-Mar-2007 12:08:15 GMT; PATH=/; Set-Cookie: ACTINIC_BUSINESS=-; PATH=/; Set-Cookie: CART_CONTENT=CART_TOTAL%090%09CART_COUNT%090%0a; EXPIRES=Sun, 11-Mar-2007 12:08:15 GMT; PATH=/; P3P: CP="NOI CURa ADMa DEVa TAIa OUR DELa BUS IND PHY ONL UNI PUR COM NAV STA"

The URL of this error is https://www2.securesiteserver.co.uk/...ON=COOKIEERROR

When I run the same site on firefox the error message seems to be a little bit more specific.

"Content-type: text/html
        Content-length: 9986
        Date: Sun, 11-Mar-2007 11:00:33 GMT
        Cache-Control: no-cache
        Pragma: no-cache
        Set-Cookie: ACTINIC_CART=81Z137Z183Z117A1173610833B3236; EXPIRES=Sun, 11-Mar-2007 14:00:33 GMT; PATH=/;
        Set-Cookie: ACTINIC_BUSINESS=-; PATH=/;
        Set-Cookie: CART_CONTENT=CART_TOTAL%090%09CART_COUNT%090%0a; EXPIRES=Sun, 11-Mar-2007 14:00:33 GMT; PATH=/;
        P3P: CP="NOI CURa ADMa DEVa TAIa OUR DELa BUS IND PHY ONL UNI PUR COM NAV STA"

I have had to suspend the ordering again obviously.

my network settings are as follows

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
        HTTPPROXYADDRESS
        HTTPPROXYPORT 80
        HTTPPROXYUSER
        HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
        FTPPROXYMODE 0
        FTPPROXYADDRESS
        FTPPROXYPORT 21
        FTPPROXYUSER
        FTPPROXYPASSWORD
        SCRIPTID 2
        SCRIPTEXT .pl
        SMTPHOST smtp.me2uweb.co.uk
        WEBSITEURL https://www2.securesiteserver.co.uk/giardino/
        IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
        USERELATIVECGIURLS true
        PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
        USEENHANCEFTP true
        FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
        FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
        FTPSILENT false
        FTPMAXRETRIES 3
        FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
        SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
        SMTPUSERNAME
        SMTPPASSWORD
        SSLCATALOGURL https://www2.securesiteserver.co.uk/giardino/acatalog/
        SSLCGIBINURL https://www2.securesiteserver.co.uk/giardino/cgi-bin/
        SSLPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
        SSLCODEBASE ./
        SSLFTPHOST ftp.me2uweb.co.uk
        SSLFTPUSERNAME *****
        SSLFTPPASSWORD *****
        SSLPATHTOCGIBIN ./www/cgi-bin/
        SSLUSEPASSIVEFTP false

Wwhen I run a network test there are permision/cgi instruction problems as below:

"the test script sent an invalid response . . . ." could be worng path to CGI, incorrect perl versions etc., etc. however, how can this be the case if all the cgi-bin files have been deleted and then re-sent (many many times) and I can see them via ftp in the directory.

I keep checking the cgi permissions but I am on a windows server and me2uweb (the host) keep telling me the actinic software should set the permissions - it isn't their problem.

I am very tempted to move to actinic for hosting but I have to call them Monday - do you think this would be a wise decision, the cost would be negligable compared to the thouseands I am presently losing.

Comment

I would without doubt try another host - preferably linux. Why not register again with Actinic and upload a trial to their servers and check your store that way.

Comment

This
            Cache-Control: no-cache
            Pragma: no-cache
            and the 'expiry' time being exactly the same as the 'set' time, would say to me that you need to extend the validity of your site cookies. Actinic MUST be able to set cookies on the users machine or it will NOT function.

Try Web | Configure Expiry Periods and ensure at least 3 hours are allowed before the Shopping Cart is deleted.

I would have tested for you, but you have suspended the site.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by Philip M
              I am very tempted to move to actinic for hosting but I have to call them Monday - do you think this would be a wise decision, the cost would be negligable compared to the thouseands I am presently losing.
              If it's any help - I am with techno-web.co.uk and they are very helpful and have a superb support team. It may be worthwhile thinking of them

Although I don't see why, when paying quite a considerable amount of money for this software, we should have to be spending this amount of time sorting out problems that surely should have been taken care of in the updates.

Nick
              Nick
              www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for all of your help and time.
                I have tried resetting the cart expiry times but same problem.
                I am about to uninstall and reinstall on my ver 8.05 pc and then we asked have actninc host it - good idea. Thanks
                Lets see, I'll let you know- again thanks for your efforts.
                The latest probelm is my ver 8.04 laptop cannot export to snapshot for me to send on.

Comment

Nick

I have sent you an email with the solution to this.

The problem with this site, and another one with identical symptoms, was fixed by opening the ActinicCatalog.mdb database directly with MS Access and then upgrading it to Access 2000 when problem.

This dealt with the issue.

Comment

Nick,

I have had a look at your Database, got it from Kirthi, converted it to Access 2000 and then got her to upload the site a do a few tests. She was able to place orders etc so it has fixed it. Can you try this please and report back.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce
                      Many Many Thanks. This is Phil (different company by the way) not Nick, it is now sorted.
                      The conversio to mdb 2000 allowed me to upgrade to version 5 which then allowed me to post the correct scripts to the cgi.
                      It was a real chicken-egg-chicken scenario.
                      When I've calmed down a bit, and sorted out a few of my own design issues, I think I will keep in touch with this forum - its a miriad of useful information- may even be able to give a bit of advice myself one day- who knows
                      Think I'll go get a few celebratory drinks (rather than the probelm solving ones of late) and start sending out the e-mails to frustrated customers.
                      Again thanks to all that contributed.

Comment

Cheers Phil..

Regards,
                        Bruce King
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                        X