Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test Upload Problem

Hi
    I'm upgrading from V6 to V8. I've imported a snapshot of my V6 site to V8 and I'm now at the stage where I want to test the new site, make sure it works okay. I'm currently using a trial of V8.

But when I tried to upload a test copy (following the instructions from the starter guide "Uploading a trial copy of Actinic" it got pretty far and then stopped. A box popped up saying, among other things, "The server name or address could not be resolved". Also, the starter guide said I would be asked for a username and password, I wasn't at any process of the attempted test upload.

Is this because I've imported my V6 site and it is using the settings for my current website? I don't want to upload the new site to my old website just yet I just want to test it before I go any further.

Hope this makes sense to somebody cos I really need some help here.

Can anybody give me any advice on how to do a test upload?
    Thanks,
    Julie
    www.toys-to-you.co.uk
    Ethical childrens toys, environmentally friendly toys, fairtrade toys at affordable prices

really need help

Hi
    I'm bumping this up as I really need some help on this, if anyone can give me any advice I'd really appreciate it.
    Julie
    www.toys-to-you.co.uk
    Ethical toys, fair trade toys and environmentally friendly toys at affordable prices

Comment

3 hours 28 minutes - if its that urgent then call Actinic support.

Comment

From the help file:
        To change into 'Test Mode' go to 'Web | Switch To Test Mode'.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Drounding I'll try that now.
          And if I have any other 'urgent' questions I'll phone actinic support!
          Julie
          www.toys-to-you.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X