CSV file export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSV file export

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of customising the exported CSV files? I have a system in place that I need to upload a CSV file that will include a delivery address, as well as details on the consignment. Obviously this CSV file will be generated when the user 'exports' the order from Actrinic. This CSV file can in turn be uploaded to another system that will print out the labels as well as informing the delivery company details of what needs to be picked up and delivered. Ideally I need a CSV file that contains the Name, addrss details, item (s) and quantity from the exported order. This is instead of the data being distributed accross a couple of files (persons.csv and orderLines.csv).

Sounds like you are looking for a custom feed.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thats what I feared. Its so frustrating as the persons.CSV file that Actinic produces has 90% of the data I need, just need a way to customize what data is present in the single file and add a couple of fields as opposed to them being in a seperate file. It would also be nice to just have the delivery address in the 'persons.csv' file as opposed to the delivery AND the invoice address.

Comment

You can use the custom export facility in our One Stop Order Processing package to do this, we can provide prebuilt views for exporting order information to Citylink Clan 2000, Citylink CLConnect, Interlink and Business Post, or you can build you own views very easily, which once built can then be exported to file. You can also add new fields into the order data to allow you to define delivery classes, account ids and the like.

You can find more details and a free trial at this URL :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/One...rocessing.html

Another method would be to write a SQL query in the access database (you would need a copy of MSAccess to do this), once you have the results formatted as you need them you can right click on the query and export it to a csv file.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Ok brilliant will have a look at the software, should I take the Access route, which Database will I be using/querying (will it be in mdb format or am I using the CSV files produced by Actinic). Also when the SQL query is created I'm presuming there is a way of automating this process using macros etc so that access doesn't have to be opened every time. (sorry its been years since I used Access).

Regards

Comment

I would work in the mdb file, it's easy that working with the csv files because you can easily add extra fields and link tables together.

You can set the database up to run a module when you open access up, so you may be able to run the program that way, you can also create installable modules - I can't tell you exactly how to do this because I rarely write access modules and when I have I've always set them to just open up my app when the database is opened.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

ok one last question, where is the mdb file in the Actinic installation? lol I can't find one that contains data on orders etc

Regards, M

Comment

It is in the site directory, it's called ActinicCatalog.mdb, so c:\program files\Actinic V8\sites\site1(or whatever your site name is)\actiniccatalog.mdb by default.

Regards,

Comment

I'm just trialing order processing now, just a few questions:

How does it work with multiple websites? ie. if I have 20 websites it seems I can only 'view' them one at a time - and therefore export them 1 at a time... But the export overwrites the existing file... so I'd have to give each file a different name... not sure if interlink can import from multiple files...? and I wouldn't want to manually have to open 20 websites and go through the whole export process for each one...

How do current multi-site & order processing users handle this?

And is there anyway to automate this? ie. for each site 1) view all new (since last time) orders, 2) export using the interlink view
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X