Sending/Receiving Emails When An Order Is Placed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending/Receiving Emails When An Order Is Placed

Can any one help me with this one please asI think I'm going mad.

I have our business settings set as follows

Send Me An Email When I Have An Order To Download = Yes
    Send Receipt Email To Customer = Yes
    Send Receipt Email Copies To: my main email address

This was working perfectly. However, over the last few days things have not been going so well. About 1/2 the time everything is ok but the other 1/2 I am receiving payment emails from Metacharge stating that an order has been processed, but nothing from the Actinic website.

Also, sometimes when I download the orders from actinic (which is usually a few hours after it was placed) it remains as PSP pending even though I know that it has been processed with metacharge or paypal. Again, this is only 1/2 the time.

I am not changing any settings, scripts etc in between this happening and have ran out of options of where to look.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

RouX

---------------------------------------------------
    Imagination is Intelligence Having Fun

www.performance-oils.co.uk

If it's intermittent i would suggest the problem lies with your hosting company and not actinic. Who do you host with and are do the problem orders contain anything similar i.e. certain products?

Comment

Thanks Lee,
      I host using a company called Fasthosts, which I have found to be ok (other than a couple minor issues but no-ones perfect)

I can't see any obvious link between the different orders as its been happening on a high number of different products which are unrelated.
      Thanks in advance!

RouX

Comment

It all points to your hosts IMO, i would expect it to fail everytime if it was due to actinic. Couple that with you hosting with the most problematic host for actinic and it only makes that seem more likely. See if you can find out if they are having any problems their end. Do you have SSL with them?

Comment

No we're not using SSL at the moment.

Can you recommend a better host? As I said I've not had any major problems with these guys and I've been with them for about 6yrs now. (Only using actinic for 6months tho)
          Thanks in advance!

RouX

Comment

Hosting depends on what you want to spend, its a personal choice. You can pay from £70 - £750, for effectively the same service.

I'd get to the bottom of the problem, before i ditched any host, it is only my belief that it is host related - i could be completely wrong.

Comment

I have to agree with Lee, this does sound like your ISP -- if you have access to webmail, you can always confirm this by checking that.

Simon
              Simon Williams
              Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Comment

Thanks guys

I do have webmail and this is working fine (for all the accounts I have with fasthosts as I have sevral)

There doesn't seem to be a problem getting emails through as I get the "You have an order to download...." and the metacharge confirmation, I just don't always get the copy of the receipt (and so am worried the customer doesn't get this either)

Would the problem with orders showing as PSP-Pending when they have been paid be host related also?
                Thanks in advance!

RouX

Comment

Originally posted by Roux
                  I am receiving payment emails from Metacharge stating that an order has been processed, but nothing from the Actinic website.
                  The most common reason for this is that the customer closes their browser when they complete on the PSP website and do not return to your website. The Actinic order details email is triggered when they press the Done button on the Receipt page after returning to your site - if they never come back, and never press that button - that's when the mail is sent - never.
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Have you checked whether all the emails you don't get are from one source, as we have always struggled with AOL addresses, majority of time the email never arrives!

Darron
                    www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Originally posted by RouX
                      There doesn't seem to be a problem getting emails through as I get the "You have an order to download...." and the metacharge confirmation, I just don't always get the copy of the receipt (and so am worried the customer doesn't get this either)...
                      I have always had this issue from V7 and I see it with V8 also. Many times it works then sometimes it doesn't. I too get the email to say the order was received but on accoasion don't get the copy of the order confirmation. I've never had a customer say it's not been received so I just accept it. Annoying non-the-less.

Comment

Thanks everybody,
                        As long as its not just something I have done drastically wrong. I'll accept it as "one of those things".
                        Thanks again for all of your help it is very much appreciated.
                        Thanks in advance!

RouX

Comment

Working...
                        X