Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving V8 Catalog from PC to Mac

Hi Guys,

Ive just bought a spanking new macbook pro laptop. 2.33ghz, 2gb RAM, 17in screen. Its got about double or more of everything that I am using so I hope that my work output will be a lot faster now and easier.

Problem is that I don't really know the best way to move my actinic shop to it? It will run under windows paralles. I am thinking I would need insert the disk, run the install, update it to maybe 8.0.4 (not too keen on 8.5 after reading the complaints). Then put the original copy of sites/site1 into the newly created folder. I would then need to import the saved site file .mcd.

Is this the right/best way to do it?

Help by those in the know is always appriciated
    Leigh Robinson

Hand forged, hand folded custom swords
    http://www.masterforge.co.uk

you could always image the entire drive of your windows machine. and convert it to a disc file for use in your virtualisation

... on a side note, have a look at darwine. experimental builds have been slightly sucessful for me.

you'll most definately need to make snapshots. Copy the entire folder to an external drive, and after importing, if your site is mangled, you can always use the data on the removable drive.

Comment

Working...
    X