customer account mandatory fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

customer account mandatory fields

Currently we only allow our prices to be displayed to those wholesale customers that have applied for a login.

Is it possible to reduce the number of mandatory fields for the customer account creation process. We really only want to start filling in delivery addresses etc if a company places an order rather than merely looking at our prices/products

Ideally we would like to create just a login / pw for any potential new customer. Then add details later

Many thanks
    Sally
    Regards
    Sally

Fashion Jewellery Wholesale - Glitzy Jewels

I don't think that this it is possible to do that, an account has to have address details or it will not be uploaded.

The quickest way to create an account is to let the customer place their order and then generate the account from the order - there is a button on the customer tab of the order details dalog to do this.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

thankyou for the quick response.

I can understand what you are saying, but for all our potential new customers, when they apply for a login to see wholesale prices we are going to have to get address details etc from them which seems a little excessive if they decide not to place an order.
      Regards
      Sally

Comment

We have a generic account which basically has text like 'enter your town here' as the address that we use for our mailing list members, this allows them to login and access our site without them or us having to create an account just for them - that's the only other option at the moment really. You could collect details of people that wanted to use this sort of account with a stanard contact form type thing.

I think that basic accounts would be useful as well but at the moment you can't create them.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

That sounds like a pretty good workaround to me. I'll put it forward to the boss!

Many thanks
          Sally
          Regards
          Sally

Comment

Working...
          X