Problems creating a brochure page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems creating a brochure page

First of all I've used the patch to update to v8.05 - my aim is to use my Dreamweaver external layout and place within INNERLAYOUT content for individual brochure pages that I can edit in Dreamweaver using the new facility in v8.05 to edit layouts there.

I have not created a brochure page before so I am following to the letter the simple instructions on Page 21 of the 'Getting Started' guide. My problem is that although I create a brochure page and include a fragment what I get is nothing within the INNERLAYOUT. If I double click on INNERLAYOUT I get to LayoutCode - Standard Brochure Page Bulk - which is blank, no code content.

(All the pre-prepared pages, Introduction, Welcome, About us have this same appearance - a blank inner layout within my Dreamweaver design).

I am sure this is something really basic I am missing....

Hopefully somebody can help me along and perhaps give me an overall pointer on achieving what is set out in the first paragraph.

Thanks

Scott

Have you tried re-setting the layout code back to factory defaults in the Design Library? There should obviously be layout code in there which may have got deleted at some point.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for looking at this.

Being worried about explaining my issue properly I just want to highlight that I've spent over a week fiddling with things to get where I am and I don't want to lose anything, my own stylesheet, layout changes etc etc

(I know that I took the content out of the INNERLAYOUT one of these standard brochure pages and it affected them all. I then expected to be able to insert chosen layouts but that is not possible. I think I have to deal with 'fragments'!)

So I just want to double check that I will not lose the work on my store pages!

Thanks

Scott

Comment

If you snapshot before you try anything on a site, you can always go back. Actinic is all about trial and error and what you can get the software to do. Cover your back if it fails as you do with most things in life.

Comment

I tried that and it does not seem to affect my problem which appears to be in a nutshell that any change to one Brochure page affects them all.

The layout "Standard Brochure Page Bulk" appears in INNERLAYOUT for them all and I don't know how to get rid of it (or if I should even....)

Any fragment content does not seem to appear anywhere, in the code or in the preview, although that varies from page to page.

Thanks again for any more help

Scott

Comment

Snapshotting does not cure problems, it prevents them from appearing at a later date if things go titsup. Its a way back to how you was. If you have this, you can happily amend things to your hearts content, knowing full well that you can always get back to where you were and be no worse off.

Have you tried the compare layouts facility to see if anything is different?

Comment

Sorry to confuse - what I tried was what Jont suggested - ie re-setting the layout code back to factory defaults in the Design Library. (Of course after taking a snap shot!)

Where do I find the compare layouts facility?

Scott

Comment

Its in the design library and accessed by right clicking and selecting from the menu. If you have reverted the layout back to factory settings, this will not make any difference anyway as it will be comparing like for like.

Can you provide some screenshots of what you have and maybe a link to show us the problem visually. You have text input on a fragment, however that text does not show up on a preview - is that the problem?

Comment

That's the problem, and hopefully this helps....

http://www.ethicaltees.co.uk/brochureProblem.html

Thanks

Scott

Comment

Hi Scott,

Can you tell me where the 'Just some content I do not want to see!' is coming from?

If I double click on INNERLAYOUT I get to LayoutCode - Standard Brochure Page Bulk - which is blank, no code content.
                    This is probably the problem - you shouldn't get rid of it but it should contain the list layout variable that you want to use for your fragments. I would revert this one back to factory settings and see what happens.
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey

I sent Sivi a site snapshot on Saturday because he requested one - not heard anything yet...

Meanwhile I can't see LayoutCode - Standard Brochure Page Bulk in the library to reset it. Where would it be hidden?

Thanks

Scott

Comment

Hi Scott,

Meanwhile I can't see LayoutCode - Standard Brochure Page Bulk in the library to reset it. Where would it be hidden?
                        It's in the 'Web Page Inner Layout Group'. To find layouts you can right-click in the library and select find.
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey - that seems to have solved it.

And I was sure that I reset evrything following Jont's comment...

Scott

Comment

Working...
                          X