Uninstall Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uninstall Problems

I'm trying to uninstall 8.04 Business via Add/Remove programs (in order to install 8.5). However, I'm getting the error:

An error occurred while trying to remove Actinic v8. It may have already been uninstalled. Would you like to remove Actinic v8 from the Add or Remove programs list?
    Actinic is still very much installed - it runs OK and everything else about the program appears to be normal.

Is there a manual uninstall that anyone knows of?

Richard

Richard

The best method is to use the Actinic uninstaller, rather than Add/Remove programs.

Start | Programs | Actinic 8 | Uninstall Actinic

Comment

Thanks for the info Martin - Just tried that, but the files unwise32.exe appears to be missing.

Richard

P.S. However I've just found a copy of the file from an old installation and all is now well.

R

Comment

Originally posted by Waggers
        Thanks for the info Martin - Just tried that, but the files unwise32.exe appears to be missing.

Richard
        BACKUP EVERYTHING.

Re-install 8.04, and it should ask you to repair, remove or install.

If not, go through a re-install, and uninstall.
        Simon Williams
        Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Comment

Have you by any chance, deleted or renamed the Actinic directory - I've done this in the past and had the same sort of issue you are having now.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I was in such a hurry to try the new 8.5 I deleted the Actinic programme before trying to uninstall it (stupidly!) and now cannot reinstall it. I have installed v8.5 but on trying to start it up am told "You have insufficient rights to the registry. Please use the application with a user account that is a member of either the Administrators or Power Users groups" I have tried, in vain, to give myself all sorts of rights and am well and truly stuck.

Any help to extricate myself would be gratefully received!

Regards,
            David
            -----------------------------
            www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

What version of Windows are you using David?
              Simon Williams
              Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

Comment

If your bold (and you have excellent backups) you could delete the Actinic V8 folders under program files and then delete all the Actinic V8 referenced registry keys, then reinstall.

Comment

Hi Simon,

I'm on XP Professional.

Hi Duncan,

I thought of that, but chickened out. I am also running v7 on the same machine! Still have some v7 sites. The registry is not one of my main places to go, but may have to in the end.

Regards,
                  David

Comment

Have you by any chance, deleted or renamed the Actinic directory
                    Hi Jan - Yes, I created a copy of the directory when I was playing with the site setting to see if I could 'tweak' the program a bit. I then deleted the 'tweaked' directory and re-named the copy directory back to Actinic v8.

and then delete all the Actinic V8 referenced registry keys
                    Hi Duncan - Is there a list of these keys documented anywhere that you know of?

Comment

I had the problem getting rid of a V8 demo when the license expired, I deleted -
                      HKEY LOCAL MACHINE - SOFTWARE - Actinic - Catalog8

Worked for me but it was on a spare laptop and as they always say, make sure you have back ups.

Comment

Originally posted by buspassjohn
                        I had the problem getting rid of a V8 demo when the license expired, I deleted -
                        HKEY LOCAL MACHINE - SOFTWARE - Actinic - Catalog8

Worked for me but it was on a spare laptop and as they always say, make sure you have back ups.
                        Have just done this and freshly installed v8.5 and all appears well!

Thanks very much for the pointers and help.

Can start playing now.

David

Comment

Working...
                        X