Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to save images in different drive to CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to save images in different drive to CD?

My actinic software is running from drive C, but I saved images in drive D, because my drive C doesn't have enough space. But in this case, how can I save image when I save entire site 1 folder that is located in drive C including images that is located in drive D into cd when I burn CD?? Because I need to let my friend can get order and edit from his computer. I just create site for him at first, and he wants to edit and get order in his computer.
    Any suggest??

With images outside of the Site1 folder you will have problems because the path stored in the database is to drive D. When your friend gets the CD he must have exactly the same paths.

You have two options as I see it:
    1. Get another HDD for drive C - or at least make space to store all the required files in the Site1 folder.
    2. Create the CD with the images in another directory on the CD. Your friend will then have to either create exactly the same path (unlikely to work) or modify all the database references to change the paths.

Unless someone else has better ideas...

Comment

when I save entire site 1 folder
      This is not the correct way to transfer a site - you should be using a snapshot with ALL the images in the site 1 folder. Its the only 100% way to get it working and I would not suggest doing it any other way.

The forum is littered with people who have had problems with images outside the site 1 folder.

Comment

or if your D drive has plenty of space install actinic on the D drive, then you'll have it all on one drive.

Comment

thank you

Thank you for advice! I will install actinic to drive D while i keep actinic in drive C.
          I have used snapshot to export and backup file and saved to CD, then I opened CD in different computer, but it appears sitemap, which can't open CD file. How can I open backup date in CD in different computer??

Comment

No, sorry - you cannot have two installations on the same PC - even if they are on different drives. If you install to drive D, then the installation on drive C will no longer work.

The reason for this? Actinic maintains a set of registry keys for the location of its components. Each key can have only one value.

[added]and to answer your question about reading the snapshot CD on 2nd computer - only Actinic can read the snapshot[/added]
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
            X