Product Layout in Columns Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Layout in Columns Question

I want to have some of my products in certain sections listed in 2 colums rather than the standard 1 ie:
    instead of:
    product
    product
    product

have:
    product product product

Having read through various threads I saw that i needed to go to the Section where I wanted the products listed this way and change Product:Column Count for Product from Use Parent (=1) to whatever number of colums I wanted. This didn't work. I then tried to change the default for the whole of the site by going into Site Options and changing it there. This also didn't work.

Can't work out what I'm doing wrong - upgraded yesterday to V8.5 - could this have something to do with it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

Hi Kathy,

This may have something to do with the product list that your site is using. Please try the following:

- ensure that you are on one of your product pages in the content tree
    - on the 'Design' tab click in the preview pane in the white space around one of your products (eg to the right of your product name - this should select your product layout code - a dotted line should appear around the product in the preview pane)
    - click the 'up' arrow (either in the preview pane or on the bottom toolbar in the layout code window) to navigate to the parent layout
    - this should be a list layout - is it 'Bare Product List'?
    - if so then click the 'up' arrow again to go to the section layout (you may need to click the up arrow twice)
    - the 'Bare Product List' should be highlighted
    - right-click on this and select 'Edit Appearance'
    - in the 'Use Fixed Layout' field, select 'Standard Product List' and click 'OK'
    - click 'Apply' on the layout code window

Then your products should change according to the number of columns you specify either in 'Settings | Site Options' or at the section level.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X