No announcement yet.

Exporting from 8.5.0 just hangs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just for the record the problem still exists in 8.5.1 HERA.

I snapshotted our production site and then completely removed 8.5.1 HBKA Beta and the MU site folder on the network.

Installed 8.5.1 HERA and tried a snapshot with Site1. No problem.

Next I imported my snapshot and now I cannot export either Site1 or my production site.

I keep going back to this but I cannot see where the number of custom / additional properties in the production site has anything to do with Site1.

Comment

ive started to roll back to previous snapshots to see what additions have made it go wrong
      only thing so far diff is single page per product and the multi-image patch?

maybe i placed it in the wrong place , prob something simple like that or ive doubled it somewhere
      Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
      Current project:
      cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
      cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
      Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

Interesting Gareth but we are both doing the same thing - Single Page per and MultiImage.

I am inclined to think that it occurred sometime around implementing Multi Images but then so did a lot of the design changes we have done.

If you are using Designer/Business/MU I bet you get the same problem in a clean site1 though and where are your Multi Images there.

Comment

hi all my images start off in there own folders
          then they end up in there own folder as per the instructions
          Site1\AutoScaledImages

im going to go through the code again today see if ive done something wrong

ill try a fresh site aswell

obviously once ive backedup ill report back soon
          Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
          Current project:
          cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
          cheaplingerie4u.co.uk

Comment

Our production site db has developed a new table all of its own.

It is called "UserDefinedProperties_ExportErrors"

Every one of its 3915 records says "Rows dropped due to worksheet row limit" for row 65536.

This presumably points to the fact that Actinic is trying to write to a table larger than Excel can handle even though (in our case) the resultant table of a hierarchical export would less than a couple of thousand records long

Comment

Alistair,

Have you raised this with support as yet? We need the Database to check.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

Yup James has had this one since I started it in April. The dev team know what the problem is but haven't AFAIK got a fix yet.

In the meantime we have developed a nice spread sheet that extracts the records we want from Products and adds to it the records we want from UD. Then we have a second and third worksheets doing some simple IFs, VLOOKUPs and CONCATENATEs before we send it back to Actinic.

Comment

just an update i raised a ticket and this is what i got back

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back, it has taken a while to dig this one out, having said that it is not good news.

The problem is due to a bug in the export wizard, the maximum number of fields allowed for export per product is 128, in version 8 all of the 'User Defined Properties' are added to the import at the end.
                  If there are a number of UDPs (User Defined Properties) it has the unfortunate side effect of taking the number of fields to export over 128 and failing.

Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this except to reduce the number of product UDPs, (the biggest user of UDPs in your site is the 'ExtraImages'
                  layout).
                  The export will only work if the number of UDPs is reduced.

We are pushing to get this changed for the next maintenance release (v8.5.2) although it cannot be guaranteed.
                  so fingers crossed
                  Current project:
                  cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
                  cheaplingerie4u.co.uk

Comment

I was getting the same vibes so I gave up.

At the end of the day I have built a spread sheet / data query that gets the fields we want into one worksheet. Then we we have another partially automated worksheet that allows us to repopulate the data the way we want before exporting it to Actinic.

For us it probably works better than the export but when all is said and done it does seem that what Actinic gives it also takes away. After all we get told of wonderful features we just don't get told that they are mutually exclusive.

Comment

Working...
                    X