Shopping Cart Width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping Cart Width

Still getting to grips with this! I'm trying now to alter the width of the shopping cart and checkout table widths (I need to take them down to 445px to fit our design) I've tried altering the shopping cart grid code, replacing the ACTSTDWIDTH variable with a value of 445px but the changes dont have any efect. How can I do this?
    Thanks!
    Paul

Settings | Site Options - Layout tab, there are three width settings here. I believe the one you want is Main Product Area Width - I tend to set all three the same as the setting I use on the General tab.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill
      I've already set the main product area width to 445px but it hasn't had any effect on the shopping cart or check out pages.

Comment

Further to my last post, I found the main area width and set this to 440px which did make the shopping cart width the right size to fit our design, However, it's missed off the last column which contains the 'remove item' button. Is there a way to rescale the other columns to allow the final column to fit, or is there just a minimum width that we can't go below?

Comment

I read your post early this afternoon and thought that sounds too narrow to have the cart as it is, he will need to change it somehow. I think that width is too narrow yes.

Comment

In the design tab, select shopping cart in the drop down for page type. Click between the headings in the sample cart content to bring up the code for the cart layout. See the widths specified for each column in the <th code.

There is not much scope for narrowing the ref, quantity, cost and remove columns unless you also redefine the font size used. 440px is pretty tight.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks guys, I can see that we will need to be a bit more flexible with our designs. That's ok though, at this stage it's just a case of knowing what we can and can't do.
              Cheers
              Paul

Comment

Working...
              X