Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add individual Shipping costs to items in 8.05 Help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add individual Shipping costs to items in 8.05 Help !

Hi all

Having finally got 8.05 working can someone explain how to get certain items to have there own individual shipping costs. Not associated with main settings

For example my shop is set to offer free shipping for orders over £5 but this is because they are very small items and we can do this in this instance.

What i want to do now is add different items all together much bigger products that must have a shipping charge of there own or an indivdual shipping charge.

So although settings says free over £5 this would not apply to any the above

is there a simple way in 8.05

Thanks
    Keith

Any thoughts or ideas folks ??

Keith

Comment

Keith, it's Sunday and you are chasing a reply after just 2.5 hours, give it a rest for heavens sake. You are allowed to read the help and manual you get with the software, it will often provide an answer much quicker.

Ship everything by weight, its a much better solution and IMO has far more flexibility and ease of setting up.

Comment

Hi Lee

8.05 with new shipping variations so theres no new update instructions yet (that i know of anyway) explaining the new features although probably straight forward they still have to be looked at closely.

All i really wanted to do in the first place was to sort out the shipping problem but thought waiting for 8.05 would help (quote from previous thread "wait for 8.05 it has new shipping features")

As a result of waiting and upgrading i got a load more problems etc.. as you are aware. This is why there have been to many postings in the last few days trying to get back to basics.

I thank you very much for all your help and appreciate it very much

The upgrade however has caused me more problems than i started with and made fingers ache with typing into postings for help.

If it was just a case of setting product weights etc.. in actinic i would not have bothered with the upgrade especially after these problems

1. the database problem (came as a result of the upgrade) worked fine in 8.03

2. the script error (came as a result of the upgrade) worked fine in 8.03

I will see if there are more replys to my initial question above as thats what i am trying to achieve.

Im dreading the next upgrade

Thanks anyway Lee

Keith

Comment

Keith,

In Actinic, go to 'Help | Help Topics', click on 'Search' and type in 'Shipping', the second article on the list would be 'Introduction to Shipping in Actinic'. This will provide you with all the details you require to set-up your shipping using the new features in 8.5.0.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X