Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Printing Data Entry Reports

We go to
    operations > report selection : order processing > outstanding data entry reports

We click print, like normal, and the window appears
    "all outstanding data entry reports have been printed"
    but nothing comes out of the printer.
    Also in the "Orders > Pending" Tab, the Invoice & Packing list items are not changed to "Data Entry Printed" for the new orders, it remains blank, as though it's new.

We did not do any updates to the software, it just suddenly happend.

We are on a two user Multi User License, and both machines have the same problem (the two machines print to different printers).

We were using v8.03 when the problem happend.
    We no updated to v8.5 and the problem remains.

The problem started off by only printing a few of the orders that are new.
    Now it doesn't print any new orders at all.

We have to manually reprint the data entry reports one by one.

I'm guessing it's some sort of data problem.

Just had an idea... It's a shot in the dark but: Could it be something to do with how many orders we keep in history, currently (doing a rough count) we should have just over 4500 orders in the "completed". The order numbers are all different and the last four numbers are from 4500 to 9000 - but maybe there's a reference number we cannot see might be now duplicated causing it to think the new order is done? I'll run a test tonight to delete the old orders and see if it resolves the printing issue.

Haven't tried the idea I had, but I think I've solved it.

Looking at the "completed" orders section, there seemed to be two orders that are wrong.

One had "blank" values and highlight as white, and another was highlight dark green and had zero values.

I've deleted these two items, purged them and tried the "print data entry...
    and they printed!!

Hope that was all that caused this problem.

Comment

Problem has re-occurred.

Actinic is not printing any "data entry reports" from the new orders we receive.

The window with "All outstanding data entry reports have been printed" immediately appears.

I cannot see any corrupt/blank orders on our system to delete (like what I did previously).

Comment

When you highlight the 'Outstanding Data Entry' in the 'Report Selection' window and then click 'Print Setup' what printer do you have selected for this report? Check to see if this has changed. Use the default system printer and see if that works.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

I've tried to change that to a different printer but still doesn't print.

It not only doesn't print, but say the printer is offline, the software would normally change the status in "packing list" & "invoice" from <blank> to "Data Entry Report Printed"

We are on Multi User, and both installations & users have the same problem:
          User A is order processor, and prints to Printer A.
          I'm user B (admin), and I print to Printer B. - I've tried to change the printer to any other that is available: Print to PDF, Winfax and 3 other network printers and all has the same result.

We have to do a "reprint data entry report" on every order, and I've noticed that (when it's running correctly) a reprint would result in the print with the words "reprint" at the top, but (with this problem) the first reprint doesn't have this.

Previously we upgraded the Actinic to v8.5 and the problem persisted. So I think it must be a problem with the data.

I've tried "compact databases" and refreshing the site. But still the same.

There are no error messages from Actinic itself - like corrupt data or anything like that.

For the past few days, it has not printed any of the new orders - It used to print a random selection.

Comment

I would suggest calling Actinic support and ask to speak to the MU expert James Matthews as he will be able to help you with this issue.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X